Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Relatonship Language

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Relatonship Language
Member # 12779

Icon 10 posted      Profile for The1andonlyAmber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is coming from the previouse thread,

What Codes do you use with your Partner? Do you have one?

I mean What do you say when you want to "Play"? Is my relationship the only one that has it's own language?

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there's the tried and true 'Do me, Baby!'. Conjures up images of passionate love making AND bad early-nineties music. But I really can't think of any special secret codes, and even if I could, I'd not post them here. Some relationships are just reasonably plain-spoken.

Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF

I still love you, oh, I still love you
...Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, "snuggle-time" isn't always as innocent as it sounds with my boy and me.

a common term we have is "pumpkin seed," meaning birth control pills. it came from a conversation with my boy's roomie's girl. She had to leave abruptly, saying that if she's not home by midnight, she'll turn into a pumpkin. So of course, I say, "Oh, you need to go home to take your birth control pill!" She turned red, but the term stuck.

Mmm ... crispy, delicious bacon.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 12773

Icon 12 posted      Profile for la_fileuse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I use the term "talking politics." A mutual friend arranged for us to meet in another friends' basement. We were really beginning to get into a conversation when the lights were turned off and the three other couples in the basement began doing things we'd just as soon not listen to, especially as I'd met most of them less than an hour beforehand. After ten awkward minutes of sitting in the darkness making small talk, we went into the utility room and began to (literally) talk about politics and economics. Everybody else joked that the we, the "nerds," were doing something else entirely. A week later we were going out, and about a month later we made the phrase our euphemism for making out (and now, anything beyond.) Actually, it wasn't until about a week ago that some of friends realized that "a really intense political discussion" is NOT a debate.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of -- but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.
--Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 20 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vball girl12
Member # 8238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vball girl12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I refer to our intimate moments as "alone time" or "bing-bong time." I think the "alone time" is self-explainatory, however, "bing-bong time" comes from the fact that just about every time we try to fool around or something, one of his friend or his mom rings his doorbell or calls, interrupting us.

Another code phrase we have is that he'll ask "Dear, are you getting sleepy?", which is his code for that he's ready to leave the place that we're at (i.e. we're at a friend's house, but are too polite to say we're bored with conversation, etc.). Of course, he neglected to tell me this was his code word with his previous girlfriends, so the first few times he used this on me, when he was ready to leave, I'd answer "No, not at all. You know I'm a night owl," which led to him having to explain to me that he meant that he was ready to leave, rather than being concerned about whether I was about to fall asleep on his friend's couch.

[This message has been edited by vball girl12 (edited 04-28-2003).]

Posts: 46 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.