Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Breast Growth Rate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breast Growth Rate
wildchild05
Neophyte
Member # 4017

Icon 8 posted      Profile for wildchild05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh... my boobs make me mad lol. It is now bathing suit season again and I am so embarassed at my tiny boobs. At 16, I am wondering if they are going to grow any more. My mother has DDs and here I am little A cup. I think I read somewhere that you can have growth spurts up till age 18-19.. is this true? Do you think I will still grow? Is there any tell tale signs that I can tell by. Sorry if I sound totally shallow, its just sometimes I feel like an Alien on this planet of girldom. Its frustrating.
Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why?

Just as many women have smaller breasts as women who have larger ones. The average breast size is, not surprisingly, pretty darn average. And amazingly enough, women with breasts of all size can love them (remember too, your breasts, like your hands, aren't merely decorative -- they're crucial body parts that serve an important function regardless of size, not a pair of earrings, love). Your mother's breast size may or may not have anything to do with yours. I know I grew up feeling a bit like a freakaziod because I was the only woman in my mothers' family with larger breasts, while they all had small ones. Thankfully, I got over that feeling pretty easily.

Might your breasts grow more? They might, but at your age, if you started purberty before or at the start of your teens, they likely won't grow much more, no. And there are no "signs."

Which is likely for the best: your energy is best spent learning to like and accept your body as is then looking for signs it'll change.

So hey, pick a bathing suit you like you'll have fun in and feel great in, and start thinking about your body on different terms: as-is can be as great as might-be, and all the better because you've already got it!

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your breasts can keep growing for a few more years, and even if they don't, don't worry about it. My mom has DD's too, and I've got and A and a C. (I am rather lopsided)

If you're really self consious about them, you can buy a padded bra or swimsuit. I understand your frustration, but I doubt many people will make a judgment on you based on the size of you mamory glands.

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.