Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » i want to know everything about dry sex, EVERYTHING!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i want to know everything about dry sex, EVERYTHING!
just_a_punk
Neophyte
Member # 11937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_a_punk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i want to know what dry sex does and is. i want to know if it has dangerous consequences and what happens to the male and the female, if it happens to much. i want to know the good and the bad of it.

can anyone help me?

Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frottage, often colloquially called "dry sex" is simply when two clothed people "grind" their genitals together.

So long as the clothing is not thin, and thus fluids cannot pass from one person to another, it's perfectly safe sex without STD or pregnancy risks, no matter how often one engages in it.

Like any sexual activity, some people like it, some don't; some like it somestime and not others.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_a_punk
Neophyte
Member # 11937

Icon 5 posted      Profile for just_a_punk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much, but i have another question: where could I find a site that'll tell me very detailed info about this?

i dunno, i'm just very worried
thank you again

Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There really aren't going to be "more details," love, so I'd have no idea where to send you.

If you're looking for information on pregnancy risks regarding "dry sex", look here: http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk_dry.html

If you're looking for STD and STI risks, so long as no fluids are shared on contacted and there isn't skin-to-skin contact, there just aren't any risks there.

And one can't injure or hurt onself with dry sex any more than one could say, holding hands, so....

I really am not sure what you're looking for. People rubbing up against each other isn't a complicated or involved practice. There are no rules or guidelines nor instructions to do so. So, other than people's accounts of dry sex in an erotic vein (in other words, in erotic stories or such, which we not only can't link to, erotic fiction isn't relevant as sexual information), there just isn't anything to link to.

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_a_punk
Neophyte
Member # 11937

Icon 10 posted      Profile for just_a_punk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much, but i really would like to know if the male's wetness goes through the female, can that be a risk of pregnancy??

see, when we were done, i was wet and i was a little, so i don't know if i was wet from me or from him, but either way, i want to know if there's any risk on that

sorry for so many questions

just_a_punk
Neophyte
Member # 11937

Icon 10 posted      Profile for just_a_punk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry i meant that he was wet and i was a little
Heather
Member # 3

If you look at the article I linked for you, you'll have that answer.

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

just_a_punk
Neophyte
Member # 11937

thank you so very much
Izzybella6
Activist
Member # 9724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzybella6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Dry Sex" (aka Club Dancing)
Posts: 56 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.