Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » dreams

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dreams
destiny4514
Activist
Member # 8348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for destiny4514     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my boyfriend and had sex and like most all girls i am paranoid. i had dream that the condom had broke an then i woke up and lately ive been having strange dreams.is that just paranoia.. i made him withdraw before he came and he checked the condom n it didnt break..are the dreams nothing?.
Posts: 71 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dreams are not generally premonitions. Most dreams reflect our inner concerns, thoughts, and worries. It sounds like you are at least a little worried at the possibility of pregnancy, so it is very possible that your dreams are reflecting that. I doubt they are actually indications of what will happen. Remember, dreams aren't real. They are the subconscious' way of processing what goes on in our life, most of the time, so don't get too worked up about your dreams. It sounds like you were careful and have very little reason to worry.
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gaea
Neophyte
Member # 10970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gaea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an aside, making your boy withdraw before coming doesn't make the sex any safer, and it might actually increase the chances of the condom breaking.
Posts: 9 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
destiny4514
Activist
Member # 8348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for destiny4514     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for responding it helped me calm down and as for the withdrawal i had read in a previous post that it isnt safe but i made him hold the end of the condom but are you saying that its safer to just let him come inside then to make him withdraw..that scares me to let him cause i thought that was more risky.. ? let me know how u feel.. which is safer?

Thanks!

Posts: 71 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gaea
Neophyte
Member # 10970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gaea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really isn't necessary or helpful for him to pull out before he is finished. Condoms are made to handle ejaculate, so if you use them correctly there should be no problem. Just make sure he does pull out right after ejaculation, holding onto the base.
Posts: 9 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KandyKorn17
Activist
Member # 9729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KandyKorn17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the condom didn't break, you're probably safe. And pulling out doesn't really do a lot, whether or not one is wearing a condom. Keep using condoms, forget about pulling out, and if you're really worried, consider using another form of birth control as well.
Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.