Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Wetness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wetness
Jennacat
Activist
Member # 10209

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jennacat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering, can you be wetter than normal sometimes, because sometimes i feel really wet down on my vagina, but sometimes its an average amount.
Posts: 49 | From: Illinois, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vaginal lubrication can vary depending on sexual arousal. More arousal, more lube (usually).

Now, sometimes you might feel wetness and you're not being aroused. That's cervical discharge. Your cervix produces mucus during your menstrual cycle. When it is near time for ovulation, your cervical mucus can become runny and watery (think egg whites or snot). These are called "Wet Days" and they are perfectly normal to have. "Dry Days" are the days when your cervix makes a different kind of mucus. It's not runny, and it comes out in smaller amounts. It feels like Elmer's Sno-Glu (the flaky, sticky paste that comes in a bucket, it's used at school mostly).

------------------
Don't be coward like shrimp, be brave like PRAWN!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The amount of lubrication you produce during sexual arousal can also vary a lot, since it can be affected by things like tiredness, stress, smoking, cold and flu medicines, etc.
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzybella6
Activist
Member # 9724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzybella6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sometimes i hae noticed a slight difference in my lubrication with no real reaqson at all. I just assumed this was normal but now i'm not 100% sure because the only reason you've stated was arousal. I think I've noticed a difference just from normal day-to-tay times.

Posts: 56 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Gumdrop Girl said, cervical mucus is also part of vaginal discharge/wetness, and varies in consistency, color, and amount throughout your menstrual cycle.

Check out Honorably Discharged for more information about vaginal discharge and what's "normal."

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.