Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » i have a question about.............

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i have a question about.............
SexyChik911
Activist
Member # 11050

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SexyChik911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am 13, ive ahd my period for a year do u think that i am old enough to have an orgasm?????? thanks

------------------
i luv boyz

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no set age at which one can have an orgasm. It varies by person, and what they're doing to try to have an orgasm. If you want to have an orgasm, go ahead and masturbate. See what happens.

------------------
You were never no locomotive, Sunflower, you were a sunflower!
-Allen Ginsberg

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SexyChik911
Activist
Member # 11050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SexyChik911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i agree with that but i do masturbate and i never even get wet lolz so i will never know if i orgasm or not help me out please

------------------
i luv boyz

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Getting wet" - your vagina lubricating - doesn't necessarily have anything to do with orgasm. It's a normal part of sexual arousal, but some women naturally lubricate a lot while others don't (if you'd like a more slippery sensation during masturbation or partnersex - that's what water-based lube is for ).

And most women don't produce extra fluid when they reach orgasm - "female ejaculation" is relatively rare.

So whether you've had an orgasm or not has nothing to do with wetness or lack of wetness - it's about the sensations you experience. So as I suggested before, please check out Sexual Response and Orgasm A Users Guide.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzybella6
Activist
Member # 9724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzybella6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if it's any consillation, I started at 12. i can remember the day, actually and i didn't start "getting wet" until well after 15. So, you've actually put to rest that small question in the back of my mind, as well!
Posts: 56 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.