Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » why does is itch?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why does is itch?
Katilu who new?
Neophyte
Member # 10515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katilu who new?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my bf ate me out 4 days ago and now it itchs like crzy is any thing wrong with me?
Posts: 4 | From: prunedale Ca USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
could be a variety. could be an allergy. could be an STD. could be a raging yeast infection. However, we're not doctors and we're not able to give your a pelvic exam, so if you really want to treat that itch, please see a doctor. And if it continues to itch, definitely hold off on sexual activity because that'll just make it worse. and if it's contagious, you might pass it to your boyfriend.

also, do you know what a dental dam is or how to use one? Check out Safe, Sound and Sexy on how to play it safe, even for oral sex.

------------------
If the shoe fits, it's probably your size.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katilu who new?
Neophyte
Member # 10515

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Katilu who new?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
could i still have 1 if i started me Period?
Posts: 4 | From: prunedale Ca USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yep. STDs, allergies and yest infections can go on during a period. and they get worse if you don't treat them. so please go see a doctor.

------------------
If the shoe fits, it's probably your size.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soldier76:96
Activist
Member # 6511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soldier76:96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Katilu...
YOU need to see a gynecologist; your BOYFRIEND also needs to be checked out.
Suggest YOU both read up on STD's, & preventing the diseases.
Practice Safer Sex

Posts: 113 | From: Puyallup, WA, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katilu who new?
Neophyte
Member # 10515

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Katilu who new?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but ya see were 14 were not having SEX just foolin around. we kno how to prevent them too! weve never been with any one b4 besides eachother!
Katilu who new?
Neophyte
Member # 10515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katilu who new?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mom says its just a bacteria infection or a yeast infection cuz its more of an outer thing so if its just outer can it still be a STD?
Syko_Maggot
Neophyte
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syko_Maggot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I'm KatiLu's boyfriend. I'm kinda pissed off right now because I typed a big ol thing and it didn't go thru and I have to type all over again... But anyways...

Can infections actually develop that fast? It's only been about 5 days ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it takes awhile for something like that... And it won't hurt for KatiLu to go see a doctor or something, it's not gonna hurt. As she is the one with the itching. And to tell you the honest thruth, the "eating out" didn't last very long and... I guess I can say that it was nothing more than a few licks. I don't notice anything on my side, and I could go see some kind of doctor or whatever... But then that's going to cause complications...

What is a dental dam again? I have heard of it and read many articles here at this site, and I know quite a bit on this stuff. And yes, we could've been a little more safer, but it's just the natural human urges that we get... But I don't think it's anything serious, or at least anything related to what we have done together, and we haven't pushed it too far. I just really don't think it's too serious, and I really hope it isn't! But I don't want to be overconfident. Whatever the case, I'm standing beside her and we'll figure things out!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Syko_Maggot
Neophyte
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syko_Maggot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and yes, that's another thing! We haven't done anything with anyone else before. It's just between us too. So that also lowers the chances of anything....

And if it's more of an outer thing I'm guessing that's better than inside...

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Quickie STD/STI Risk Assessment
quote:
Unprotected oral sex: ("blow job," "giving head," "going down," "rimming,")
Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
Gonorrhea
Hepatitis B
Herpes Simplex
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
Human Papilloma Virus (HPV, Warts)
Syphilis

Unprotected oral sex puts you at risk for quite a few very serious things actually. And whether it's one lick or a million, the risk is still the same. Fluid has been exchanged. Some STDs can develop very quickly, others may go unnoticed for months. So yes, something could have developed that quickly, and yes, you need to be tested too because you might not show symptoms for a long while.

"Human urges" are no excuse whatsoever for not being safe. STDs are serious business, especially since many of them can't be cured. Not having been with anyone else before does NOT mean you're automatically guarenteed free from STDs. You can get herpes from kissing your grandma. Other things can be picked up from sharing a towel. And yeast infections can crop up on their own. So you still need to be safe and get tested, that's just all there is to it.

Here's some more information on safer sex precautions, STD testing, and dental dams:
Testing, Testing…
A Simple Condom Primer
Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To
Dental Dam Questions
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000167.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000853.html
Using Condoms/Dental Dams For Oral Sex http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000098.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000708.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000795.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000858.html
What is a dental dam/when should I use one/ where do I get them? http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000031.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000028.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000014.html

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 11-06-2002).]

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 11-06-2002).]

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to sum up succinctly: unless your Mom is a doctor or nurse, she can't diagnose you with a bacterial or yeast infection or anything else. Only a doctor can, so just go ahead and see the GYN and find out what's up.

Skyo: Yes, having no previous partners for any sexual activities can diminish the liklihood of some diseases and infections being transmitted. But bacterial or yeast infections happen due to imbalances in the body -- they aren't viruses, so having partners or not doesn't really make a difference there.

And what she has going on could even have nothing to do with the activity you're both describing, but could have been developing before, and then had symptoms which were just exascerbated by the activity. Make sense?

(Let me just say that it's always excellent to see people working together on sexual health issues. Good show!)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to add to MizS' comments: If it is a bacterial or yeast infection you need to get it properly diagnosed and treated. They require two very different treatments.

------------------
-Scarleteen Sexpert

"Glad to have a friend like you,
And glad to just be me"
-Carol Hall

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Syko_Maggot
Neophyte
Member # 10522

*sigh* I understand... Damn this world of complications. We'll, get done with what we can. I have no further questions! And also, my girlfriend and I have decided a few things that'll make our relationship much better, and our lives much better. Safe sex is the way to go. Thanks for all the info people.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.