Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » A question....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A question....
ExOtiCdrEaM
Neophyte
Member # 10388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExOtiCdrEaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there -

My boyfriend was fingering me the other night and I started to feel cramping in my abdominal area. It got pretty painful... to the point where he had to stop. Also, there was some spotting... what happened? Did he possibly break the hymen?

What do you think?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mingo
Activist
Member # 7667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mingo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the two events were related at all. could it be that your period was starting? You may indeed spot a little if your hymen was broken, but then again you might not. Abdominal cramping would seem unlikely to be related, but then again not impossible. If you were very anxious and not very arroused at the time if might have led to cramping. I still wonder if you think since then if it might be related to your menstral cycle.

------------------
We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out

Posts: 126 | From: Ferndale, Mi USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is likely that you could have been nervous or not in a state of arousal which led to cramping. As Mingo said, it could also be because it was near your period. Personally, any physical activity which happens near the time of my period causes pretty bad cramping.

I would suggest you and your bf use latex gloves and lubricant when engaging in manual sex. Not only is it much safer, it also prevents any tearing or scratching which might happen. Long fingernails and manual sex do not go very well and could be a reason for the "spotting".

So just abstain from all sexual activity for a while. Should the cramping and spotting continue, do see a doctor or a gynecologist for a full check up to see all is alright. If you are engaging in sexual activity, a full STD screening for both you and your bf should also be done.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And let's keep in mind that the hymen isn't like the paper seal on a can of coffee - something you must rip through to access the contents. An good analogy I've seen here on the boards is that it's more like the neck of a new sweater: a bit tight at first but easily stretches out with a bit of wear. For more on hymens check out: http://www.scarleteen.com/politics/virginity_4.html
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairie
Activist
Member # 8914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fairie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I had sex the first time I felt the same feeling, cramping. I wasn't near my period. I think it might be the hymen stretching.

------------------
Live,Laugh,Love

Posts: 101 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.