Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » two questions that I need to know!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: two questions that I need to know!!
Serene2000
Neophyte
Member # 10356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serene2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, here goes... I have a couple questions that I'd like to know a bit about.

Yesterday my boyfriend and I lost our virginity to each other. We've fooled around a lot before and in both instances I've noticed that when either his fingers or his penis presses against my cervix, it hurts. I want to know if this is normal, and if it is will it hurt every time we have sex?

Secondly, I was wondering if you can get birth control pills confidentially from a doctor. I live in Canada, I don't know if there are any planned parenthood clinics nearby. I know doctor's offices here give away free condoms but I'm not sure about birth control pills.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posts: 11 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's normal for a cervix to hurt when knocked, and the best thing to do would be to change positions to avoid it. Sorry there's not more I can suggest.

A doctor or health clinic should, to my knowledge, be able to provide you with BC pills confidentially. I'm not sure what there is in your area, and I'm not currently able to load Planned Parenthood's site, but looking in your phone book under 'Clinics' should provide some help. Most large-ish cities will have sexual health clinics.

------------------
Milke, SSBD

And if I want to, I can stay
Or if I want to, I can leave
Nobody knows me

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serene2000
Neophyte
Member # 10356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serene2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the tips.

My city's not exactly large-ish, it's sort of small, but thanks for the tip on checking out the yellow pages!

Posts: 11 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mingo
Activist
Member # 7667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mingo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the cervix does hurt when knock in many/most womenas noted above. If would seem unlikely to me however, that your cervix could be reached with fingers, it's fairly deep inside. I'm not saying it's impossible, just unlikely.

------------------
We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out

Posts: 126 | From: Ferndale, Mi USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can reach my cervix with my fingers with no trouble .

Remember, different people have different bodies, and the exact positioning and angle of the cervix in the vagina can vary quite a bit (as can finger length ).

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 10-21-2002).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, most women can reach their cervixes rather easily.

The vagnial canal is rarely more than six inches deep, and the cervix juts into it.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 10-21-2002).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.