Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » sex test, Please Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex test, Please Help!
WhiteTigers
Neophyte
Member # 8774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteTigers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey everyone, my parents went on a vacation and left me home and now they said that they want to test me to see if i had sex, and i didn't. I want to know how someones going to find out if i had sex, what do they look for. I heard they look and see if your hymen has been broken, but cant it just break by everyday activity, playing sports, not being born with one, or it can just erode away. I know i dont have my hymen but its not because i had sex because i'm still a virgin. Basically i want to know if the test will prove for sure that i'm still a virgin and it wont screw me over. how do they know FOR SURE that your still a virgin?
Posts: 32 | From: M.A | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCagedOne
Activist
Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCagedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey White, to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to tell if someone has had sex, other than a woman turning up pregnant. I don't know who your parents plan to have conduct this "test", but I'm sure any medical professional would set your parents straight. Then again, they might just be trying to scare you out of having sex, who knows. I wouldn't stress about it too much.

------------------
"A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey"
----
"We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Posts: 52 | From: Usually somewhere between MI & FL - currently KY | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no real test that can prove whether or not you have had sex. They used to think back in the day you could tell by whether your hymen was intact and other strange things but none of it is true.

And yes, hymens can be broken by activity, and some people aren't born with one.

Why don't you ask your parents how they are going to test you? And maybe just talk to them and tell them you didn't have sex and you want them to trust you.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duckling
Neophyte
Member # 9531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duckling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. It sounds like you and your parents have some pretty serious trust issues. In my opinion, nobody except someone you are about to have sex with has a legitimate cause to ask you about your sexual history. Certainly not to DEMAND that you take a test to prove your "purity." It's your body, baby, yours and yours alone.
Posts: 36 | From: US of A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shenzie2007
Activist
Member # 9027

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Shenzie2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, duckling... That's worth quoting. My thoughts are ditto to that.
Posts: 73 | From: dallas, texas, usa | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteTigers
Neophyte
Member # 8774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteTigers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they dont trust me because while they were gone i slept over my friends house, and she has a brother thats 21 (they used to be my nextdoor neighbor) and her mom and dad was away, but her 24 year old cousin was there. i didnt do ANYTHING with him but they dont trust me. i rather take a lie detector test than have some person poke and prog around down there. it just makes me seem dirty. yuck!
Posts: 32 | From: M.A | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duckling
Neophyte
Member # 9531

Icon 7 posted      Profile for duckling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanx, shenzie...yay, I'm quotable!

It'd probably be worth it to talk to your parents in depth about this, with or without the moderation of someone like a therapist. It sounds like you've been acting with admirable maturity in situations in which it would have been really easy for you to act inappropriately. It's important that your parents see that, and recognize it.

Posts: 36 | From: US of A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should talk to them.

I don't think that one incident is a reason not to trust you, and if a 24 year old adult was there I don't see any problem. Except that you maybe should of informed them.

How old are you? Is there some reason they don't trust this 24 year old or do they not know him?

Maybe you should go up to them and explain that you know it was wrong to spend the night next door without informing them or asking for their permission, but nothing wrong went on. Maybe they will realize that you are responsible enough to come up and say that, that they will drop this whole thing.

Good luck

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteTigers
Neophyte
Member # 8774

you see, my parents are extremely strict, and crazy, if i tried talking ot them they would yell, everytime i bring up something they start giving me the guilt trip by saying "i work all day to give you everything and this is how you repay me" and its not fair because i rather be poor and have them like me. they are the worse parents, i feel dirty around them because i know they dont think i'm a virgin and it makes me feel ashamed.i even got the girl whos house i was staying at to tell my parents i didnt do anything, but they didnt believe me.. by the way, i'm 17 turning 18 in feb.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.