Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Getting..erm..antsy (?) before period starts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting..erm..antsy (?) before period starts?
Lil'Lin
Neophyte
Member # 8007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil'Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, is it just me or do any of you other women get a little...erm, antsy before your periods? Ahem...
I'm never sure how close to getting my period this usually occurs but I notice that maybe a week (or two, tops) I just can't seem to stop thinking of sexual things or feeling restless...Yes, girls can be bad for it too...or at least I hope..otherwise I feel like a pervert here...Heh..
But I thought perhaps it had something to do with the reproductive patterns going way back to the good ol' nature days.
Most of us know that before our periods we ovulate and usually when you're ovulating you're somewhat like being in heat (like animals) I would think? Because your body is ready to reproduce, thing is you may not be, mentally.
So, is this why I tend to feel..well..let's be blunt here, there's not many other words that describe it I don't think (hope it's not inappropriate) but..horny? *blushes...*
I'm just curious but it drives me nuts sometimes...maybe similar experiences and an answer would help? Thanks a bunch.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really get antsy like you were talking about, but about a week before it I get really emotional and little things will make me cry. And then I get in an "anything you say" stage and will get mad.

Girls probably feel different ways before their period, maybe not in the same ways as you or me, but you are normal and fine and not a pervert

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlight23
Activist
Member # 9388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlight23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, the emotional side of me its like a roller coaster. not kidding. i can literally go from bawling my eyes out, to being completely giddy and feel the happiest i ever have in ABOUT, a minute. it freaks my boyfriend out. and i understand, it frightens me too. thinking back, i'm not sure if this was a PMS thing or not...but i do know that it happens to me quite frequently...and i know that about a week or so before my period i get VERY easily irritated and angry...but sometimes i get very, as you said horny. but in all honesty, all the stuff happens to me, all the time. maybe its pms, maybe not, i dunno, dont really pay that much attention. haha. but i do know lots of girls who get not so typical pms symptoms (emotional, cramps etc.) personally i get all that very severly, and quite frequently...but i've never thought of myself really as a freak or pervert or anything like that. (unstable, maybe...lol) but anyway, back to you, we have weird feelings alot, so, as it may be annoying, i dont think its really a problem or anything...yea...taht's all i have to say...(i'm in a very rambling mood tonight...maybe cuz i'm putting off reading a realllllly boring book...lol)
Posts: 122 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some women do find that their menstrual cycle affects how sexual they feel (with all those hormones fluctuating like crazy, it's not too surprising, really ). But others find it doesn't affect them at all.

And which point in your cycle you feel horny at seems to vary a lot - some women may find that they feel particularly turned-on around the time of ovulation, but others find that it happens during menstruation, for example.

So it doesn't seem to be a simple reproductive thing, and humans don't "go into heat" in the way that other animals do - we can have sex (and also get pregnant) on pretty much any day in the menstrual cycle.

But being aware of your own cycle and how it affects you is always a cool thing .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IncredibleTulkas
Neophyte
Member # 9471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IncredibleTulkas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's all about hormones; they pretty much control the way a person feels when there's no identifiable reason for it otherwise; it's just important to recognize this and be prepared for mood changes with compassion.
I hope I'm not crossing any gender boundaries or invading female territory on this, but this is an issue that men need to understand too in their relationships in order to be supportive and accepting to do their part as well, and vice-versa in women understanding men's needs and reactions, since I think there's not much talk on this either.
If I'm intruding, I apologize.

Posts: 15 | From: Beverly Hills, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DiamondGirl2K
Activist
Member # 9162

Icon 2 posted      Profile for DiamondGirl2K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone. Yes Lin, I know exactly how you feel. The same thing happens to me when I'm on my period girl. I think about sexual things all the time. Logic or someone did say you can have sex during your period but I wouldn't being that I haven't even had sex yet. But then I really want to. I get all kinds of crazy emotions during my period. I want my boyfriend around me one minute and then when he is around me, I don't want him to touch me. Lol. It's really crazy but you're not the only one. Evey female goes through something like that. Don't fret o.k.!
Posts: 137 | From: The Home of The Greatest: NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni
Activist
Member # 6560

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Jenni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do too! Gaaah! I also produce much more discharge for a week before my period, along with being "on sexual alert" lol. It's crazy, but sort of fun. I thought the same thing you did, about being in heat. I think I am, in a sense. Like maybe it is the optimum time for me to get pregnant or something, though I do definitely realize it can happen practically any time of the month.

------------------
If you want to dip into someone else's life for a while then go here

Posts: 43 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nico19
Neophyte
Member # 9092

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nico19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol, wow other people get that too?
For like one to two weeks before my period I feel a completely heightened sense of sexuality. I thought of the 'being in heat thing' as well. I find it interesting and fun though.

Posts: 6 | From: Ontario,Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzybella6
Activist
Member # 9724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzybella6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me too! i get frisky right before. sometimes durring, too. no biggie though! heck, isn't it better than the emotional stuff that usually happens? i'll take friskyness insdead of moodiness, LOL
Posts: 56 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha...me too...I get HELLLLLLA horny before i get it AND when im on it!
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
up_up_away
Activist
Member # 8961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for up_up_away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel as if I'm not yurning or needing it but, when me and my boyfriend start into it. I don't feel like stopping it. But sometimes we just lay there chilling and I think to myself "why aint he trying to do something"? Come on I want it! So I guess it might be that way,
Posts: 57 | From: Cincinnati Ohio United States | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.