Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Full Frontal of a Guy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Full Frontal of a Guy
CY_Girl
Neophyte
Member # 8064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CY_Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was reading an article in a magazine and it was talking about showing the full frontal view of a guys sex organs for a TV show about sex problems. It made it sound that it was going to be shown this fall on TV, Has anyone heard about this? Would they really show a guys penis and balls? Maybe, but I dont think so.
Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cichi_cichi_yaya_dada
Neophyte
Member # 9360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cichi_cichi_yaya_dada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay then. What show would that be exactly??
Posts: 12 | From: USA, PA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, i don't know about the anywhere else, but some shows i've seen on sex, like Sex Files, or Sexual Secrets and stuff like that, often show complete sex organs of both males and females. It's not that uncommen anymore, especially when it's on an educational show.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CY_Girl
Neophyte
Member # 8064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CY_Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They didnt say what show, but it sounded like it was going to be on one of those main news shows. And I have heard of them showing penises on TV before but this was going to be regular TV not cable. Personally I will beleive it when I see it when they show a close up of a guys genital area. By the way do they usually shave his .... when they show something like that?
Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At least two recent documentaries on British TV (non-cable) have shown a guy's genitals - and British TV is not usually considered the world's most radical .
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, while people living in the UK may not consider it anything "radical" especially when we look at Euro television, it IS a lot less repressed than American telly.

I think our American friends would be very, very surprised to find out that they can pop into a local news agents and pick up a mainstream newspaper like the Daily Sport and see several topless women.

And that because it's a newspaper, they can do so at age 8, 12, or 16.

Despite that, I do remember the hulabaloo over whatever TV show that was (wasn't it something like Pride & Prejudice for goodness sake?) that showed male frontal nudity first... "Oh my God! Was that his willie???"

The double standard amuses me endlessly

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mingo
Activist
Member # 7667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mingo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robin Williams once said, "You must remember that some of the first people in America were the Puritains, a people so uptight the ENGLISH threw them out!"

------------------
We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out

[This message has been edited by mingo (edited 08-04-2002).]

Posts: 126 | From: Ferndale, Mi USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CY_Girl
Neophyte
Member # 8064

Yeah, but I think showing a lady boobs on ads in Europe is differnt that showing a guys penis on television. And even if they showed one before I think it was from far away, thats the thing with those news shows they will probably show a full picture of thing from a few inches away. That will be interesting. I wonder if they will show everything or only a part of the penis?
Izzybella6
Activist
Member # 9724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzybella6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish it weren't so much fuss over showing a girl's chest. I dont' know what the big deal is. I know that alot of women like them touched alot during sex, but so do some guys. I dont' see the difference. I think i ws raised pretty liberally (i think) and I'm glad i was. I seem to have a better time with issues. I like looking at them personally.
Posts: 56 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.