Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Shoot or dribble?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shoot or dribble?
MastaBlasta
Neophyte
Member # 9198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MastaBlasta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,I'm a 16 year old guy who masturbates frequently but I only rarely actually "shoot" sperm, it usually just flows out in gentle bursts. I have on occasion shot it fairly far and I have various intensities of orgasms but I was just wondering if its most likely something I'm doing wrong or what thats causing it from not spraying like most people make it sound is normal.

[This message has been edited by MastaBlasta (edited 07-24-2002).]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MastaBlasta
Neophyte
Member # 9198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MastaBlasta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and if someone could give the average "distance" that it shoots, it'd be apprecitaed! (I know that theres many different "normals" but an average would be nice)
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The distance and force of ejaculation varies wildly from guy to guy, and is apparently mainly affected by genetics and the amount of time that's passed since your last ejaculation.

And it has no relation to your sexual performance, fertility, pleasure, or anything else for that matter, so you really don't need to worry about it. Your penis is not a gun, so it doesn't need to "shoot" anything .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MastaBlasta
Neophyte
Member # 9198

I read somewhere that its harder to get a girl pregnant if your unable to ejaculate strongly enough, is this true? (I know that I would still need to use protection, I'd never have unprotected sex)
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, that's a myth. Here's a quote from an ob/gyn who's an expert on infertility:

"The speed of the ejaculate is pretty irrelevant. What is important is the semen is deposited at the entrance to the cervix where it will either swim or be drawn up. During penetrative sex the tip of the penis will reach the opening of the cervix, so the speed/distance that a man ejaculates is assumed not to be important. "

(That's from http://www.well-aware.co.uk/conversations/questions/infertility_index.htm ).

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mingo
Activist
Member # 7667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mingo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it is not true that how strongly you ejaculate has anything to do with the woman getting pregnant or not. This is obvious since a woman can get pregnant even if the man doesn't ejaculate at all. There are no shortcuts, the human body is designed to work. The way sex work is if you have intercourse, or semen and or "pre-cum" comes into contact with the vagina, the woman will more likely than not, get pregnant. As I said there are no shortcuts, you either use birth control or become a parent. Those are the choices.

------------------
We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out

[This message has been edited by mingo (edited 07-24-2002).]

Posts: 126 | From: Ferndale, Mi USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guy111
Neophyte
Member # 9621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guy111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to do the same thing untill i found out how to "shoot". If you hold your breath before you "shoot" and push you will shoot further. I can shoot like 2 feet now

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Guy111, please note that this is not a contest and in terms of reproduction, it's irrelevent.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Guy111, please note that this is not a contest and in terms of reproduction, it's irrelevent.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.