Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » growling..help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: growling..help
lovergrl00
Neophyte
Member # 8617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovergrl00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was curious if growling in my lower stomach is a sign my period is comming or if maybe i was pregnant? i had protected sex and he sisnt ejacuate inside me and even if he did precum he had the condom on. so iwas curious if the growling was becasue i didnt eat enough or if its in any way related to my period or pg?
Posts: 7 | From: nj | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, a growl-y stomach has nothing to do with your reproductive organs.
Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovergrl00
Neophyte
Member # 8617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovergrl00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok Thanks alot i thought that maybe sinc it was like my lower abs it might mean something Thanks Again!

O and also is discharge normal even if your not ovulating? casue i ovulated 2 weeks ago but im still experiencing some discharge

Posts: 7 | From: nj | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, discharge is completely normal and desirable.

While you might notice changes in the consistency and texture (it is completely normal for it to differ, depending on where you are at in your menstrual cycle) you will probably notice discharge every day. It is nature's wonderful way of keeping keeping you clean (discharge "rinses," so to speak, those delicate membranes) and moist.

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gases can accumulate in your intestines (why else do we fart?) when air gets trapped, or as a byproduct of metabolism. your intestines squeeze, squirm and undulate a lot. so it should be no surprise that with all that movement, you might get some gurgling and growling from the depths of your bowels (the sound resonates in those gas pockets).

We always advise that girls try NOT to rely on "subtle changes" to determine whether or not they may be pregnant. No odd tummy-aches, no bloating, no wild mood swings. Just two things can tell you: either get a pregnancy test or wait 9 months and see if a baby pops out. We prefer the former.

about the gurgling. avoiding foods that cause gas can alleviate that. however, a lot of those gas-causing foods are good for you (beans, veggies, milk, etc). *shrug* you win some, you lose some.

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovergrl00
Neophyte
Member # 8617

thank you so much.. i think im safe considering my bf didnt cum inside me and also he was wearing protection and he also said he wasnt at his arrousal peak when he took out..soi think im at a low risk of getting pg Right?

Thanks Alot!

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you used your condom properly, then you should be okay. also, it is *not* recommended that he withdraw really fast to not ejeaculate inside you. the condom is there for a reason. pulling out can cause the condom to slip off inside the vagina, which can be big trouble.

proper withdrawal of a condom includes withdrawal before the penis goes flaccid and always holding the base of the condom when pulling out.

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovergrl00
Neophyte
Member # 8617

ok thanks
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
O and also is discharge normal even if your not ovulating? casue i ovulated 2 weeks ago but im still experiencing some discharge

By the way, unless:

a) you've been menstruating for over five years;
b) your cycle is completely regular; and
c) you're practising the full "Fertility Awareness Method" - taking your basal body temperature as soon as you wake up every morning, charting it, and checking your cervical mucus daily,

I really wouldn't assume that you know when you ovulated with any accuracy. When you ovulate can be very very unpredictable, especially in the first few years after you start menstruating. And your vaginal discharge can be affected by all sorts of things other than ovulation.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovergrl00
Neophyte
Member # 8617

i have had my period for 5 yrs but the past year its been very normal i have been getting cramps like i get with my period is this a sign my period is comming? when do cramps in pregnancy start not til a few months.. do u think my period is comming?
Oh Zanna
Neophyte
Member # 8581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oh Zanna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some women get crampy when they ovulate, some women get cramps before their period starts, and some women get cramps during their periods. You may or may not be one of those women, and we really couldn't tell you. The cramps might indicate that your period is coming, or they might be something different (for example, gas pains can also be in the lower abdomen, and can be mistaken for uterine cramps). You could always wait and see if your period comes in a few days, which might indicate a correlation between the cramps and the period (though not necessarily; the cramps could still be something else).

It seems, lovergrl, that you're scared about possibly being pregnant. You know what might be easier on your mind than fretting about gurgles and cramps? Taking a friendly, affordable pregnancy test!

Posts: 6 | From: NY, NY. (One big, happy family.) | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.