Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » does anyone else?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does anyone else?
Mwest
Neophyte
Member # 8172

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mwest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spend a lot of my time with my male friends, they are always talking about how much they think about sex, and I realized that I think about sex about the same amount that they do. My question is this, do most women think about sex about the same amount that guys do or do I just have a rather active imagination?
Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a generalization, something Scarleteen encourages people not to support.

Not all men think about sex a lot, and not all women think about sex a lot.

Some people tend to express what they're feeling more than others. Take me. I talk about sex, anatomy, reproduction,etc. a LOT. My friend Whitney, for example, doesn't, unless she's asked, and even then she avoids it.

Unless your friends are severely obsessed with sex, I don't think it's anything to worry about. But if they start drawing pictures of people having sex, and it disturbs their learning (like... me? lol just kidding), I'd talk to them about it. Remember: sex is cool. Respect sex.

------------------
like a fish needs a bicycle

"I'm a Texas woman, which means I don't need the help of a man to keep things rolling." -The Rookie

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah i realized the exact same thing and i am a female and i think about sex all the live long day
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heehee. i spend a vast amount of time thinking about sex too, and talking about it. a lot more than some of my friends.

-pandora
xxo

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes!
I think about sex all the time, and I always thought that it was weird that I always thought about sex and people are always saying that it's the guys that think about sex constantly, but I'm pretty sure it's just a generalization and girls most likely think about sex the same amount as guys, so don't worry about it, it's perfectly normal.

------------------
-----------------------
"Do on to others as you would have them do on to you"

Best Advice, ever.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my god I think about sex constantly. Dear god. But I think it's sometimes hard for girls, especially in high school, to openly talk about sex. I am very comfortable talking about sex, but what I've observed at my high school, at least, is that many people just aren't comfortable with their sexuality quite yet... and not everybody feels comfortable openly talking about their REAL opinions about sex. Sure, people will talk about who had sex with who, but few people can yet talk about sex in a mature, open way.
Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bethy
Neophyte
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bethy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone is different!

Statistically men generally think about sex more then women. However, there are women out there that think about sex a whole lot, sometimes even more then men!

Donít feel like your weird or abnormal, thatís just the way you were created!

Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Statistically? How did they work that one out?

------------------
'An Anarchist is a Liberal with a bomb' Trotsky

Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm ... I'm w/ ConfusedBoy on this. Can you show us where you got your statistics from, Bethy?
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who all were they surveying when they asked that question, Bethy? If it was on Howard Stern, I understand why you said that.
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my theory:

Women, for the most part, think about sex just as often as men do. In our society, though, it's more acceptable for men to talk about their sexuality than women. So while men may talk about it more, women are still thinking about it.

I like to push people's buttons, though, and I'm frank and upfront about sex. When my guy friends are talking about it, I join them, and I'm not afraid to talk about it with my girlfriends. Once I get my girlfriends to open up about it, I've found that most of them think about sex just as much as I do.

I really don't see what's so bad about thinking about or talking about sex. Sexuality is, for the most part, a good and exciting thing... Just like food! I love food, and I think about it a lot. I talk about it with my friends: what kind of food I like, etc.

Sex and food rock!

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right on Mary!
I can't say how much I think about sex in comparison to anyone else, simply because there's not a general consensus nor any accurate way to come to one. However, I can say I think about sex probably as much as most of my guy friends. I don't talk about it as much, not because it's improper or because I'm a girl, but mostly because I have other things I'd rather be talking about with my friends. Not that sex is not a worthy topic, it's just. . . Well, I don't talk much about it.
Well, except for with certain friends. I guess it really depends on who I am with.
But I definitely think about it plenty.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.