Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Passing Out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Passing Out
*BrownEyedGirl*
Neophyte
Member # 7845

Icon 9 posted      Profile for *BrownEyedGirl*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok this might be a weird question, but have any of you ever passed out during sex? The other day me and my fiance were doing our thing and suddenly my body went numb and I totally blacked out for like 3 minutes! It was weird and kind of amusing (after I woke up)... but definitely not the most pleasurable experience. I wonder if there's something wrong with me. But in any case I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone or if I'm just.. unique.. heh
Posts: 9 | From: San Diego, Ca, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've fainted immediately following sex. it wasn't a great feeling. i don't know quite what happened, either. one moment, i was fine. then i felt gut-wrenching pain in my lower abdomen. then i blacked out. i came to after a few minutes and was fine after that. *shurgs* i have yet to figure out what that is.

------------------
oh, don't even po-mo me, baby...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Voostra
Neophyte
Member # 2049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Voostra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it just happens to some people. I think that one old french slang for an orgasm was "le petit mort" which comes across as "the little death" - get whatever connotation you want to out of that...
I think one of them was though because some people did pass out from it, and it seems like they died when they orgasmed...

Posts: 32 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noob88
Activist
Member # 7723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noob88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember a friend telling me about having that happen to them once. But they said it wasnt because of the sex it was just because they had already been exhausted before having it. She wasnt exactly the most sensible about what she was doing at that moment in time she didnt think about the fact that when your exhausted maybe she shoudl get some eneergy before doing that.

------------------
If you find you love someone more than you love yourself, I hope that person feels the same way.

"We may be through with the past but the past aint through with us"

"As far as I am concerned humans have not come up with a belief that is worth believing"

Posts: 104 | From: Tiburon, Ca | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shinri
Neophyte
Member # 5343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shinri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Le Petit Mort...

Yeah, it's "The little death." They used to believe that if you had an orgasm, it'd shorten your life by one year.

Of course, this is just all hearsay...

Posts: 39 | From: Vangroovy, Canada | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've passed out before, it was rather amusing. I really didn't mind too much, and I woke up within 10-20 seconds or so.

If passing out is something that's happening on a regular basis, or especially if you're unconscious for extended periods (ie. several minutes), it might be something worth mentioning to your doctor. Just to make sure that it's not caused by something physiological that might be dangerous (ie. a mild seizure disorder, or something else neurologic, etc.)

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey
the 'little deaths' thing also appears in English poetry..the Metaphysical poet John Donne was -very- keen on using puns, and often used death/die interchangeably meaning death or orgasm. anyone who's into poetry, check him out - the love poems are amazing. religious not quite my thing.
my friend has a semi-amusing story regarding unconsciousness. she was very drunk, having sex with her boyfriend, she blacked out, he didn't realise {!!!!!} and carried on. then she came round. and threw up all over his room.
delightful, i know...

-pandora
xxo

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by insatiablesmiles:
she was very drunk, having sex with her boyfriend, she blacked out, he didn't realise {!!!!!} and carried on. then she came round. and threw up all over his room.
delightful, i know...

...which, incidentally, is part of the reason why we do not condone such behavior here at Scarleteen.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*BrownEyedGirl*
Neophyte
Member # 7845

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *BrownEyedGirl*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... Interesting. Well it's good to know I'm not the only one! I think I got a serious head injury from that little episode. I fell of the bed and bumped my head. Hey that rhymed! I'm such a nerd.

[This message has been edited by *BrownEyedGirl* (edited 04-18-2002).]

Posts: 9 | From: San Diego, Ca, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.