Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Normal?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Normal?
wrstlrb215
Neophyte
Member # 7167

Icon 5 posted      Profile for wrstlrb215     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, well i was just wondering. Well me and my g/f just made love for the first time a few hours ago. And this is the first time i have slept with someone willingly. Everything was great but i never had an orgasm. Is that normal for a guy? I was thinking it might be becasue i was nervous, but i am not sure. Maybe it was just because we didn't go long enough, i could have gone longer,but i thought a guys first time was supposed to be really quick. Because we were at it for at least 25 minutes. thanks
Posts: 11 | From: Indianapolis | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good sex is defined by a lot more than orgasm. And how different people respond to first-time sex can really vary. So, whether you orgasm quickly, take your time, or don't at all, it's really not a big deal. And first time sex doesn't have to be overly quickly, it just has that reputation, as some guys do orgasm before they'd like to.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sabrina Paige
Neophyte
Member # 7256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sabrina Paige     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before I go any further, so as not to sound confusing, I am a MTF pre-op transsexual. In a nutshell, I am a woman trapped in a man's body, but I am heterosexual (or a lesbian, depending on your outlook).

That being said, I wouldn't worry about it. I was in the same exact situation.

In my mid-teens, I could orgasm via masturbation without any problem. I lost my virginity when I was 15 and have had sex with several girls, but I could not orgasm during sex. I think 99% of it was the fact that I was nervous...nervous because sex was still a relatively new thing to me, nervous that I wouldn't perform well, etc...

Though it was frustrating as hell at the time, I wouldn't mind having that "problem" come back. One of the benefits to this is the fact that I was able to stay hard and have sex for a good long time (often well over an hour) before I got too physically tired. While other guys were cumming at the drop of a hat and leaving their girlfriends unsatisfied, I (unknowingly at the time) got a reputation of being pretty good in bed.

Enjoy it while it lasts, man. I'm 21 years old, and it's been gone for a few years now. I guess being young and nervous has it's benefits.

And, as far as satisfying your partner, there are two pieces of advice that I cannot stress enough: 1. Don't be afraid to learn (read books on sex & sexuality, learn what to do and what not to do) and 2. Communicate (find out what she likes; all women are different).

And I know this should go without saying, but BE SAFE. You'll be glad you did.

Posts: 6 | From: Hazleton, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey
what Sabrina said makes a lot of sense. i've slept with a few guys and the one i rate as -best- is the one who can go for over an hour before he orgasms, which makes it a lot more possible for me to have an orgasm too. i don't all the time, and sex is -not- all about orgasm, especially for girls i think it's often more of a bonus than an expectation, whereas guys feel quite disappointed sometimes if they don't come.
i don't think you should worry - it's probably just nerves and once you relax more with your girlfriend hopefully you'll both be able to enjoy sex greatly.
and remember - you don't -have- to have an orgasm for it to be good.

-pandora
xxo

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrstlrb215
Neophyte
Member # 7167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrstlrb215     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well i wasn't upset by it at all. And for me i thought it was perfect, it was just being with her that made it so special for me. I could really care less about an orgasm but i was just wondering if it was normal. Well thanks for the responses
Posts: 11 | From: Indianapolis | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.