Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » guys... does it take practice???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: guys... does it take practice???
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 12 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the subject may sound a lil misleading... but does unclipping bras come naturally... or does it take pracice...aka...if u can unclip one easily does it mean you've done it many, many times for girls... or do you people like sit and practice at home...???... (lmao... thats a funnie thought) =D ... or is it just naturally easy... casue i no sum guys have such a problem with it... i never figured it'd b that hard.. of course i unclip my bra everyday... so yah... lol thanx for ur help =)
Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does sound silly, but I knew a guy who did practice. He'd sneak bras out of the laundry and undo them with his eyes closed. Okay, it was silly. ;]

We used to have these things in nursery school, boards with shoelaces and buttons and hooks-and-eyes and zippers on 'em, and when I was in junior high my friends and I would joke that they should have given the boys ones with different types of bra fasteners, too. Start 'em up young! And that's not a heterosexual bias - I'd assume most girls have worn a bra at one point or another..

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

this is what you get for liking it.
"Sebastian, you're in a mess, you had a dream they called you king of all the hipsters - is it true or are you still the queen?" --Belle and Sebastian, "Put The Book Back On The Shelf"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
y'know, after being with one boy for two years, you'd think he'd have it down pat, right?

nahh, he still fights with them. he'll flip me over onto my belly just to have a good hack at those hooks. when i go back there to do it, he says, "no, let me try it again!" he insists. it's clumsy, yet endearing.

he was especially frustrated when i started wearing bars with triple hooks (i'm a big girl).

so yeah, let 'em keep trying, i'm sure they'll get it eventually.

------------------
straddle the fine line between profundity and profanity...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 6 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had two girlfriends for a total of over seven years, and I still can't get those damned things off!

Maybe one day I'll get it right...

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Honest1
Neophyte
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Honest1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just because a man can undo a bra properly doesnt mean he's had alot of girls, or been "practising"!

Some people find it comes naturally.

the first time i came to do it i had to use both hands and it wasn't easy, but once i did it, i could do it easiler!

Now i can do it one handed without lookin YEA!!!!

Posts: 15 | From: London,England | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, if you look at a bra, the fasteners aren't all that confusing. But using them can be, and I'm assuming it's just a physics-defying bra quirk. If a guy's good undoing bras he's probably just good with mechanical stuff, but he might still have problems with my five-hooked, pointy-cupped Retro Bra, or one of those front-fastening deals.

------------------
She'll return in love with her liberty
Just away from the non-believer

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniLoo
Activist
Member # 7058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenniLoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it sounds funny, but everytime I'm with my guy, he can never get it unhooked...he'll try for a min, and when I think he's finally got it he'll say "a little help please..." I just laugh and get it in about half a second. One day, I'll have to show him how to do it right...lol.

------------------
~Who live in a pineapple under the sea?~

~Jenni

Posts: 43 | From: Savannah, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 7 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol thanx for all the replys =) ...to tell ya the truth i asked cuase my guy unclipped it wit ease... and it was the first time he had dun it... on me anyway... so i guess i got paranoid... but today he tried to unhook it... twice... and both times he couldnt... and he tried for like 2 minutes each time... i was hysterically laughing and quite amused =) ...i finally sed.. "want a lil help there?" and he's like "yes please!!!" lol so great!... i guess it was beginners luck hehe

[This message has been edited by CutiePie4eva (edited 02-20-2002).]

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know those (horrible) little bows bra manufacturers like to stick on the front? One of my ex partners tried to take my bra off by untying that little bow.

My current partner and I have been undressing eachother from time to time for more than 2 years now, and he still can't unclasp a bra unless he's looking at it. Sometimes I'll forget and put on my Big Giant 4-Hook Grandma Bra. I usually end up taking that one off myself.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 10 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aria51:
You know those (horrible) little bows bra manufacturers like to stick on the front? One of my ex partners tried to take my bra off by untying that little bow.

lmao! that is sooo great!... i hate those pointless little bows... y do they bother putting those on?... i mean really now... they're so stupid looking... grrr i hate those things... but untying it? that is def a first!

igeek
Neophyte
Member # 7075

Icon 1 posted      Profile for igeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When i first tried to remove my partner's bra it came quite naturally and I managed it one handed, I think she was quite impressed . However, it must have been beginners luck because I never did do it again.

I suppose practice must help but I think it probably has more to with either how relaxed you are at the time or just pure chance! I have to say, I wish those little bows on the front did un-do the bra caus it would make life a lot easier!

------------------
igeek -

The best form of sex education is the braille method ;) (and scarleteen.com)

Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One-handed?! Good grief, I can barely do it properly with two hands and I wear the things regularly. It took me forever to be able to fasten and unfasten my bra - I was terribly inept.

As for the topic at hand, since I have a reasonably small chest my partner tends to just push the bra up and out of our way. Come to think of it, I believe I'm the only one who ever takes my bra off when we're together - or otherwise.

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 02-22-2002).]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just.Lil.Ole.Me
Activist
Member # 6392

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Just.Lil.Ole.Me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this topic and just HADDD to reply... Its so funny that we wonder how guys get "so good" at undoing our bra's. I actually wonder how my boyfriend got so good... He can do it one handed and even I cant.. at times. Most likely he secretly practiceswhen I'm in the bathroom...
Posts: 54 | From: Tampa | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 10 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ookuotoe:

As for the topic at hand, since I have a reasonably small chest my partner tends to just push the bra up and out of our way.

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 02-22-2002).]

yup my bf just slipped my bra up the 1st two times... but i have underwire bras ... so it was extremely uncomfortable ...ouchies!... lol

PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With my four hook super bras, even my really talented bra-unhooking boy can't do it suavely. I only let him try because he was bragging about his ability to unhook any bra while pouring a drink and wearing a blindfold. Well, not my bras. I just do it myself, and then it takes two hands.

On other girls, I don't even bother anymore. I can't deal with bras when they're not on me. I practised on many bras, and then I just gave up hope.

------------------
"I'll be a Venus on a chocolate clamshell rising on a sea of marshmallow foam."
-Hedwig

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverBabe
Neophyte
Member # 6983

Icon 11 posted      Profile for SilverBabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol-reading all the replies was SO much fun.
anyway, my boyfriend hates every single one of the bra designers. One time he had been trying to undo the bra for several minutes. When he finally got it unhooked, he lost grip of it and let go and it snapped my back. OUCH! I usually end up taking it off. He isn't as bad at it as he used to be, though.

One time, though-Oh my gosh!!! I went over to my boyfriend's apt. He lives with our two guy friends. I was just going to drop something off. I usually don't have to knock and I have a key, so I just walked right in. Then, I saw something I will never see again! Jesse and Chris, and my boyfriend Ben, all wearing bras!!!! Jesse was working on Ben's trying to unhook it, and Ben was working on Chris'. They were PRACTICING! They all just stood there, looking at me. I just said, "Having fun, boys!?" and went over, kissed Ben on the cheek, then reclined on the couch. They filed silently into their bedrooms and all got dressed. This time, the only underwear they were wearing was their boxers. I nearly laughed to death as they all looked at me and tried to think of all these stupid excuses!

------------------
In life, there are choices to make every where you go. Do your best to follow your heart and listen to the advice of people you love and trust.

[This message has been edited by SilverBabe (edited 02-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by SilverBabe (edited 02-23-2002).]

Posts: 25 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 12 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boy manages it very easily, frequently single handedly...and i've never done it myself.
altho i think it might be down to the fact he's -quite- experienced in the sex field...or maybe just a natural!
i'm also quite small chested but yes - with underwire pushing it up is -quite- uncomfortable!!

-pandora
xxo

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.