Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » STI Testing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STI Testing
Cute Katie
Activist
Member # 6602

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cute Katie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost positive I can get STI testing done at my university's health center, but I was wondering, how much does it all cost? I would have to pay for it myself, because I don't want my parents to know I am sexually active. I suppose I could just call the health center, but I know most of you are checked out regularly. So.... let me know. Thanks. :-)
Posts: 59 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Calling the University Health Center would be a good idea then. I have no way of knowing how much it would cost, as it varies by location. I get it done for free at a youth health center.

------------------
"I'll be a Venus on a chocolate clamshell rising on a sea of marshmallow foam."
-Hedwig

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rekling
Activist
Member # 6341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rekling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cost of testing does vary. if your university health center seems pricey, you might try calling some local clinics.

in addition, when you call, make sure you find out what they test for, and make sure you find out how much for hte tests you want.

i know at my school, a C&G test is about $30, but a syphillis test is more expensive, while HIV oral testing is free.

make sure you get the tests that you feel the need to get!

-rek

Posts: 72 | From: oberlin, oh / new york city | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cute Katie
Activist
Member # 6602

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Cute Katie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone, for your advice. I have yet to call, but I appreciate the info. I am pretty sure I'm clean, I have one monogamous partner, and we experienced all the sexual things together, never with anyone else. So pretty much the only way I could get an STI is through some nonsexual form, and since I'm in college (where dirty people roam :-P), it's possible.
Posts: 59 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.