Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Feeling Weird

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feeling Weird
InHerPrime
Neophyte
Member # 6573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InHerPrime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um...hey. I masturbate on a regular basis...since I guess it's just a good way for me to relax and not think about things that are bothering me and so forth. But...I still feel weird doing it. Since I guess it always seemed to be that guys masturbated, girls didn't, cuz girls never talked about it. So...I wonder since I don't feel I can necessarily be open about my sexual feelings, I'm never really comfortable w/ them. I mean...I'm comfortable sort of while I'm doing it, but when I think back on it, I feel dirty, like I did something I shouldn't be doing. And I'm afraid I'm gonna be found out eventually. Does this sound odd?
Posts: 1 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yuppers TOTALLY NORMAL. A lot of girls feel that way. Hay hunnie, check out this artical!Is Masturbation okay?

Hope that helps, and makes you feel a little better. If you want to come back and ask more preguntas (questions) go for it!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cute Katie
Activist
Member # 6602

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Cute Katie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. :-) I am a girl also, and I masturbate occasionally. I've told one of my friends about it and she seems okay with it. I know it's not as talked about, but I think it should be. It's not a dirty thing, it's never been a dirty thing. In fact, it's kinda of a good thing. Wouldn't any parent rather their child masturbate than have sex? Masturbation is the safest sex you can ever have! Also, once you find a guy (if you haven't already) that you'd like to experiment with, you'll be able to tell him exactly how you like to be pleasured because you've done it before to yourself. Have fun! :-)
Posts: 59 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.