Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Painful Intercourse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Painful Intercourse
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I know. I did a search I read the articles But I have a bit of an unusual case. Last night I had sex with someone no problemo. I've had sex with them before, no problemo. It hurts a little bit sometimes, but nothing too badly. Well, a few hours later we tried to have sex again, but it was incredibly painful. We thought, hmmm, let's grab some lube. But it was still really painful. To the point where I couldn't continue.

The first time I have sex is always okay, it's whenever I try to have it again (even if a few hours have passed), it hurts too much. Any ideas?

Brittany

pssst: I love you guys and miss you!

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to guess that it's sore muscles, or irritated vaginal tissue, or something of that sort, since it only happens when you try to have intercourse twice in a short period of time. It sounds like something is getting just a bit irritated, and usually whatever it is heals up in a day or two, but when you try to have intercourse again the same day, it's hurting because it hasn't had a chance to heal yet. Make sense?

You might try using a lot of lube next time you have sex (wait a day or two before you try again!) and see if that helps. If it doesn't, different positions might be something to try -- could be that whatever you're doing is putting a strain on some part of your body.

Good luck, hon!

Kyth

------------------
Kythryne
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform." - Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
even with a whole lotta lube, there's still friction going on in there, and yeah, the lining of the vagina can get chafed. we all ahve our limits, and this might be your body's way of saying, "okay, that was nice, but no more for me tonight, thanks."

------------------
srm? wtf? iyhta ... rtfm!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.