Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Fingering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fingering
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi i have this new boyfriend we have been going out for about a month and a half and he really wants to "Finger me" or manual sex and i really want to but i have never done that before and I know if youve never had anything in your vagina before it can be really tight.. what can i do so that its not TOO tight and does it hurt alot the first time??

------------------
~!*#@!Ray-Ray!@#*!~

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orbitz
Neophyte
Member # 5773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orbitz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may hurt the first time, especially if you don't know what it feels like to have a tampon or even your own fingers inside.
Some people like to get to know themselves better by exploring themselves and finding out what they like and can or can't handle. If he wants to finger you, just make sure he doesn't try and put too much up there the first time. The more there is, the more painful it can be!
But if you can put a tampon in alright, one finger may feel like just that. But it varies from person to person.

Posts: 26 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i have used tampons and thats fine but isn't fingering with 2 fingers? i dont think that would work out lol

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orbitz
Neophyte
Member # 5773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orbitz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hehe..well, it can be with one, or more!
Guys that I've talked to do tend to attempt the 2-finger job, but it's easy to steer a guy clear of getting too far in there!
If you make a bit of a face, or say "ow" quitely, that will give him the message to be more gentle and slow.
Sometiems it's easier not to be so serious about fingering if something's about to happen. Making a joke about it, like saying "Trying to reach something?!" might make things a little less tense for you both!
He might even be nervous about it, ya never know!

Posts: 26 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honeybunches,

you might also want to remind your partners that inserting fingers into the vagina most of the time does not do much in regards to having tons of pleasure or reaching orgasm. For most women, stimulation of the clitoris is what makes manual sex pleasurable. - If you masturbate, you probably know that.
So SHARE that knowledge with your partners, gals.
And please, do not whisper "ow" under your breath, but speak out about what does and what doesn't feel good. Tell your partner what you like, tell him/her what feels good or show your partner what you enjoy.

You should also make your partners use latex gloves and some nice lube for manual sex. Not only will that prevent nasty scratches from rough fingernails or hands, but it will also lower your risk of transmitting or contracting

• Bacterial Vaginosis
  • Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
  • Herpes Simplex
  • Human Papilloma Virus (HPV, Warts)
  • Pubic Lice
  • Scabies

...which are all STDs that you can transmit/contract through unprotected manual sex.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 11 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OH thanks for all the info,, if i dont want to use latex gloves is that alright? is it safe not to? if im not using them wha are some precautions or things i can do so that its as safe as possible without gloves
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whether you want to practise any sort of safer sex precaution is up to you ultimately, because it is your health you are risking, and that of your partner (and of both of your future partners...).

However, I would really strongly recommend that you give latex gloves and lots of nice lube a try, if the list of possible STDs isn't enough to convince you (if the list wasn't enough, I'd recommend that you check out the infection section and read up on HPV and what it does to your risk of getting cervical cancer). Manual sex really feels a whole lot better when you use latex gloves and lube. - And that alone is reason enough to use them.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zae~Zae
Activist
Member # 2946

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Zae~Zae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the feel of being figered by someone varies from person to person. It may be pleasureable for one and does nothing for the other. But, If you chose to do so, make sure that he uses a latex glove for protection. You may also want to use some lube, in case you are worried about being "too tight." Will it hurt the first time? Maybe. It's different for every girl. It didn't hurt me my first time, but my friend says differently. Good Luck!

------------------

Posts: 91 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.