Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » how come sex stops hurting?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how come sex stops hurting?
orbitz
Neophyte
Member # 5773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orbitz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to know how, after having sex more than once, it stops hurting.
I know that the vagina 'shrinks' back to it's original size like before having sex, so how does the pain not return every time you have sex?

Posts: 26 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, you know how when you start trying to do a split, or touch your toes, or otherwise stretch your muscles, it hurts and you can't go very far? but after awhile, you can eventually touch your toes. your muscles stretch out. however, that doesn't mean that they can't go back to their original position. just like your skeletal muscles are extremely elastic, your are your vaginal muscles. they stretch out, and then they go back, retaining the ability to stretch.

em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orbitz
Neophyte
Member # 5773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orbitz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So is there anything I can do myself to retain flexibility?
Because if there is something I can do personally, I would if it would make sex less painful.
Thanks

Posts: 26 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
check out Intercourse 101 on how to make the first few times you have intercourse work.

If you've had sex more than a handful of times and are still experiencing pain, even though you use lots of lube with your condoms and make sure that you are aroused, you should bring this to the attention of your gyno, to rule out any physical reasons.

...and well...let's not forget that for many gals, first intercourse is NOT painful, too. Lots of it depends on whether tehre is a hymen to start with, whether someone is aroused and takes control and on a ton of other things, too.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orbitz
Neophyte
Member # 5773

Icon 11 posted      Profile for orbitz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but is there anyway I can get rid of my hymen?
I'm a dancer, and I wear tampons, but I've still got it.

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Orbitz, dear, you really do not have to worry about your hymen. I promise. There is NO need at all to "stretch it out" before you have intercourse.
The hymen is a soft piece of skin, and when you will decide to have intercourse, and when you are aroused then, and take your time, and take control, the little bit of pain will be bearable. Seriously.
This, of course, depends on how high your pain tolerance is, but really, for lots and lots and lots of women, first intercourse either was not a painful event at all, or the little bit of apin was bearable.

And please check out that article that I linked to. It has tons of helpful advice for the day that you decide to have intercourse.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

For more all about the Hymen, you might also want to check out

Magical Cups and Bloody Brides

and

Pink Parts: Female Sexual Anatomy

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Alchemical Precept

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.