Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Vibrators

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vibrators
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, just one quick question. If a woman uses a sex toy like a vibrator or something in her vagina, can it get stuck??

You always hear those dirty jokes about the dildo getting stuck inside the woman so i was just wondering. i probably shouldn't take those jokes seriously...

------------------
So you call this your free country?
Tell me why it costs so much to live.--3 Doors Down

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. --Chris Slater

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, as funny or unfunny it sounds, accidents happen and things can get stuck. For this reason, anal toys in particular are designed with flared bases so that they won't get stuck in the user's anus.

My father is a physician and has often relayed to me stories from work involving girls whose tampons get stuck in their vaginas and how he has to remove them. And just to back up why he'd tell me such a thing, if you knew my dad, you'd know he never cracks a joke (I don't know where I got my sense of humor, it sure wasn't from my folks).

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can only second what Gummy has said about tampons getting stuck in the vagina (there was a sort of epedemic of stuck tampons back in the late seventies and early 80's with the rise and fall of the ultra-absorbent tampon) and about dildos and vibrators getting lost in the rectum.

However, I don't think that a penis sized vibrator or dildo could "get stuck" in a vagina, unless the woman maybe suffered from a rather extreme bout of severe involuntary cramping.

The problem with tampons getting stuck is caused either by the tearing of the little string, or because it hasn't soaked itself completely, and well, I can't see how you could suddenly loose grip of a normal sized vibrator/dildo. The problem with inserting ordinary toys (without a base) into the rectum comes from the strentgh of the sphincter muscle that closes your anus. It *wants* to be closed, unless you release it, and once you've shoved something past there and loose grip (and it doesn't have a base), it's almost impossible to get it out without the help of a doc.

The vagina isn't a "bottomless pit" (quite in contrast to the anus), and while it too is made up of strong muscles and can accomodate almost any size penis, several fingers or a hand, and -after the hefty stretching happening at birth- even a baby's head, I first of all don't see how one could fit the entire length of a normal sized vibrator/dildo in there and I don't see what would have to happen muscle wise so that you can't manage to get it out again.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone read Savage Love last week? oi!

Let's just say, during orgasm the pc muscle can really flex its might (making it diffuclt to extricate objects that may lodge in the vagina).

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in no way doubting the power of the PC muscle, as I am well aware that involuntary contractions can happen during vaginal fisting for example, if the penetrating partner extracts his/her hand too quickly.
From what I have read and experienced, I'd deem such a reaction to a normal sized vibrator or dildo rather unlikely.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.