Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Can you wear out a guys penis?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you wear out a guys penis?
zebgirl
Activist
Member # 54

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zebgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend who is more sexually experienced than me says that you can wear out a guys penis if you have to much sex, like you can make him hurt down there sort of how a girl feels after sex. Is this true? I think she must be joking but I am not sure. I have heard guys can get tired but wearing out his penis.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm ... I don't think you can really wear it out, per se. I could be wrong tho.

Having too much of anything can be bad tho. Maybe the muscles in your groin area might be feeling a little over worked, but that really has little to do w/ your penis. Also, if you're not using enough lube, it can cause friction, which does actually hurt. But that can happen after only having sex once.

You are using condoms and lube, right?

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a common myth, for the most part. While a guy's penis may become sore if he has sex or masturbates very frequently or for extended periods of time, you can't "wear it out" permanantly -- it'll be perfectly usable again in the future.

Occasionally, if there's too much stimulation over a short period of time, the skin may become a little irritated and sore, or it may become temporarily painful for him to have an erection. It's just like any other body part -- if you suddenly exercise it a lot, it might be a little sore for a day or two.

Also, hon, if you're hurting right after sex, you might want to try to figure out why -- sex shouldn't hurt, but if you're going at it too vigorously or not using enough lube, you can get sore pretty easily.

Kyth

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're not likely to wear out a penis any more than you'd wear out your finger.

------------------
Rap music: keeping the black man down since 1991

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No you can't wear it out permanmently, but if you ejaculate too many times in a short period, your balls can get sore. Generally teens have a greater resilency at this than do older guys, but even for teens there is a limit. If for example you tried to ejaculate ten times over the course of an hour, your balls would be pretty sore, even if you used enough lube that your penis was not chaffed. Usually this isn't a problem, because if your penis and balls are "too tired" they usually go on strike well before you get to that point.
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.