Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » The pill and Condoms.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The pill and Condoms.
Member # 5183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lindst2901     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If i am on the pill and my boyfriend wears a condom the chances of me getting pregnant or getting an STD are pretty slim to none wouldn't you say? With a condom and the Pill. And i've only been taking it for like 11 days so i take it regularly everyday. Please give me your opinions.. or facts! Thanks

Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya Linds and welcome to scarleteen. According to our handy dandy Pregnancy Risk Flowchart in the Reproduction section:

Did you correctly use some form of birth control (contraception) such as the Pill, a diaphragm, Depo-Provera, or other birth control in combination with correctly using a condom for penis-in-vagina intercourse?

If you DID use birth control and a condom, then you have a VERY LOW RISK of pregnancy.

So there you go...

Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember though, here at Scarleteen we do not recommend that you have sex unless you do feel that you are prepared to handle the possibility of a pregnancy or an STD, no matter how much precaution you take. Remember that the only sex that is 100% safe is masturbation. Everything else is only SAFER sex. We also recommend that you be on the pill for a full cycle before counting on it as birth control.

Take a look at this nifty article, right here at Scarleteen for your viewing pleasure:

Sex Readiness Checklist

P.S. Good on you for worrying about STDs/STIs as well as pregnancy- it's good to see.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.