Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » talking to my mom!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: talking to my mom!!!!!
buttercuplady
Neophyte
Member # 4504

Icon 11 posted      Profile for buttercuplady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering does anyone have any advise on how I can approach the subject of a gyno with my mom? I'm 17 and I'm not sexually active. I haven't done more than kiss a guy... the problem is that my mom thinks I'm some sex-fien. I'm afraid that if I talk to her about a gyno she'll think I'm having sex. I'm not I just feel like I'm getting to that age and I have a few questions I's like a professional answer about. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful. thanks a bunch

~* ME *~

Posts: 4 | From: Pinconning, MI, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey, just tell ur mom the truth about why you wanna go to the gyno. make sure you are healthy, watever. she will most likely understand and will set you up with an appt. or, you could go to your regular doctor and ask if she/he could tell your mom that a girl your age should be going to one. hope it works out
Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My recommendation is to point out that even if you're not using your reproductive organs for sex, they're still there and things can still go wrong with them. They still need to be kept healthy. Just like the other parts of your body, they need a check-up once in a while.
Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be honest about why you want to go-because you're concerned about your health. Explain that even though you're not sexually active, and don't plan to be soon, youi still feel the need to have all your parts healthy. She should understand if you tell her in an adult and respectful manner.

And Kudos for being so aware about your health. Always a good thing to be!

------------------
Best body type for a man? Chunky style. With extra gravy

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.