Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Lunelle vs. Depo Provera

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lunelle vs. Depo Provera
buffy99
Neophyte
Member # 4488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buffy99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on Depo since November and have noticed many side effects..including lower sex drive, major mood swings, slight weight gain. I was wondering if anyone is on Lunelle or knows anything about it? Is it better than Depo, are the side effects not as bad? I'm due to get my next Depo shot in 2 weeks and am trying to decide if I should get on Lunelle instead. Thanks for your help.
-KT

Posts: 4 | From: alpharetta | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Buffy. As a note, the guidelines ask that you do NOT duplicate threads (you aslo posted this in Ask a Sexpert). IN the future, if you want a post moved from there so you can get more responses, just drop us an email and we'll be happy to move it for you.

Thanks!

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition, the side effects you are listing are basically normal side effects of nearly ANY hormonal birth control, including Lunelle (which in tests, showed a ten piund weight-gain in most women). While they can vary some from formulation to formulation, what I would suggest if those are bothering you is that you look into non-hormonal methods entirely, like coupling a diaphragm with condoms, for instance.

I would talk to your GYN about it and ash him/her their suggestions, as they have your medical history at their disposal.

FYI, the home page for info on Lunelle is here: http://www.lunelle.com/

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.