Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » "Consent condoms"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Consent condoms"
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_342229.html

I don't agree. Anyone that is being forced to have sex can be forced to open a condom ... It just doesn't make all that much sense to me.

Opinions ... ??

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel
Activist
Member # 2870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they're not legally binding- it's not as if simply showing that a woman opened the condom automatically clears the accused. If a woman gives a truthful statement saying that whilst the ordeal happened she opened the condom, it proves nothing.

Although, now that I think about it... what about in cases where dape rape drugs are used? Just as when a guy gets a woman (or another man, for that matter) totally drunk, the victim may not remember opening the condom, and this could be used to say that even though they didn't have their full mental faculties, they did consent nevertheless... hmm, I don't like the idea any more!

Posts: 105 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not making any sense here either. This quote said it best:

quote:
"What on earth makes him think that a man who can coerce a woman to have sex against her will could not coerce her in the same way into opening a box of condoms?"

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Yes I agree to . . . ' what sort of sex exactly? Intercourse, oral . . . coerced? There are a lot of things I'm sure I'd agree to at knifepoint that I wouldn't agree to otherwise. And just what part of the condom proves the other party's in a state to agree. This is such a rotten idea it's almost laughable.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dumb idea.

I agree to.....that I won't change my mind once you start doing something to me in bed that I do not want?

This inventor quite obviously doesn't think one can say No once the condom is unpacked.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiggs
Neophyte
Member # 3454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, the first thing I thought when I read that nonsense was of a girl I knew in high school. The poor, poor thing was date raped and very few people believed her. Why? Because she begged the guy to at least wear a condom, which he did. Many took that as a sign of consent, but it wasn't. He forced himself on her, but she had the presence of mind to try to protect herself in another way. And that doesn't make what he did to her okay. Not by a LONG shot.
Posts: 4 | From: State of Bliss | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't agree with this. Just because the condom is opened does that mean that you must have sex? There are lots of different cirumstances that this guys little condom thingy won't work on.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.