Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » orgasiming

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: orgasiming
Butterflyinthesky
Neophyte
Member # 4377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Butterflyinthesky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not completely unaware about sex... I know a lot of the facts, just I have this one thing that has been puzzling me for the longest time. Why do women orgasm? I know guys orgasm to supply their sperm so the girl can get pregnant, so then why does the girl need to orgasm... I mean I have nothing against orgasing... I just always pondered it and was lookin for some insight. Thanks )

------------------
"Do as you will, always walk where you like your steps, do as you please, I'll back you up." ~ *DMB*

Posts: 11 | From: MA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read an article once on why women orgasm. The article said the purpose of a woman's orgasm is to make her want to have sex more often so she could reproduce. That kinda sounds like a crock to me, lol... but that's what I read.

------------------
'Cause I'm just a girl, little ol' me
Don't let me out of your sight
I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights
Oh... I've had it up to here!

justagirl04

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you think about it, though it kinda makes sense. My chemistry teacher said this once about sex, "Once you have sex, you're going to want more. Why? Because it feels good." And I have no idea why we were talking about sex in that class (probably something to do with birth control) but I think that it tells a certain truth. I mean, if it didn't feel good than why would you do it?
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard somewhere that during orgasm for a woman, various substances are secreted to lubricate the area where the sperm will be travelling to protect them a bit on their way to find potential eggs, because the vaginal area is very acidic and otherwise unhospitable to sperm (and I assume that this makes reference to something other than/in addition to the regular wetness from sexual arousal).

I really have no recollection where that came from, though (although I think it was somewhat recent). It does seem to make a certain amount of sense, but it may very well be wrong.

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

[This message has been edited by rambler (edited 07-02-2001).]

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having actually seen videotaped footage of orgasm in progress (interesting stuff), I was surprised to find that one of the current theories about female orgasm is that it increases the chance of fertilization. When in standard missionary position during het. sex, semen pools near the cervix. The vaginal contractions pull the opening of the cervix forward and down to pull in semen, increasing likelihood of fertilization.

------------------
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
( Tr. "I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head." )

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sapphire85
Activist
Member # 2709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sapphire85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that the contractions in the vaginal walls force sperm upwards, towards the cervix.. at least that's what I've read. And girl-you have the same signature as me. Dave rocks.

------------------
"Do what you will, always..
Walk where you like, your steps...
Do as you please,
I'll back you up.." ~DMB

Posts: 121 | From: Some random suburb.. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My grandmother once told my mom that the only way you could get pregnant is if both the man and woman orgasmed (meaning he ejaculated) at the same time. Now this is far from the truth, but it does seem more likely.
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
broccolidiva
Activist
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broccolidiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember exactly where I heard this, but the G-spot is actually to reduce the pain of child birth. Does anyone know if this is fact or fiction? If so, that could be one of the reasons.

Love,
Brocc

Posts: 66 | From: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
broc, you're right. recent studies have shown that the G-spot (or Grafenberg spot) has a rol in lessening pain during birth.

------------------
"And who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.