Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Carry condoms in your underwear!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Carry condoms in your underwear!
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's advised that you don't carry condoms in your wallet or back pocket, as they can get torn while you're moving around and going about your busy lives. But where are you supposed to carry them?

"Civil servants have been urged to carry condoms in their underwear when going out on occasions that could lead to sex, the chief director of human resources in the Education Department, Mr Zama Tom said yesterday. ...
He said: "If you put them (condoms) in your bag or jacket, it might not be easy to fetch it when you need it. If it is in your underwear, it will always be closer to you.""

Where do you carry your condoms? Would you ever think to carry them in your underwear (assuming you wear some sort of underpants )

(Quote taken from http://allafrica.com/stories/200106200321.html)

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I assume carrying condoms in your undies for a night wouldn't damage them too much but would most definitely not be recommended for too long. Thre real question though is: where would you put your lube bottle? In the undies, too?

"Is that a bottle of bodyglide in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"

I think the actual idea of a reminder once you get undressed isn't all that bad (even though I think safer sex should be so automatic that you don't need one). I remember back in the early 90's several AIDS groups had an initiative called "ring my bell" (or whatever) where they would distribute little bells on rubber bands that were supposed to be attached to zippers on your Jeans, so that you'd think about condoms when the zipper came down....it was at least very funny, being at a club where people would wear bells on their crotches. Attention grabbing.

I personally don't carry condoms on a day to day basis, because I don't have any partnered sex at the mo. When I do have sex and carry condoms, they are somewhere in my bag, usually. A good place to store condoms well within reach (at least for a short while) is under the silicone seams of thigh high stockings.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sapphire85
Activist
Member # 2709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sapphire85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you know that they actually HAVE underwear with little pockets in the front for condoms? I saw them in some magazine, and thought it was crazy. All I can think is that, if you carried them in your underwear, wouldn't the foil scratch ya up? hehe..

------------------
"Those who don't got it, can't show it. And those who got it, can't hide it."

Posts: 121 | From: Some random suburb.. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a clever place to stash rubbers is in the elastic of a thigh-high stocking. just tuck it in. but not somewhere where it might get too warm.

i have the kind of stockings with the eleastic strip, and those will hold onto a condom packet pretty snugly.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just going to say! Now they have little pockets on the front of undies perfectly condom sized. And you could probably stick a little one-use flavored ID lube in there too

Underwear gets weirder and weirder, the latest trend for thongs is to have ribbons to tie up the sides (you know, the part that connects the front to back). Wouldn't it be funky to have bows on your sides? oh well, whatever floats your boat

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool! I want a thong like that...
but anyways, yeah carry condoms in your undies is a good idea! Then you don't have to stop what you're doing and go dig threw your bag to find your condom. It'll be right there when you need it for sure! Unless it slips out or something...

------------------
Every time someone says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' one falls over dead.

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i actually don't think the ribbon undies is a new thing. but it sure is cute!

i was going through either The Joy of Sex, or More Joy of Sex...and they had them in there.

easy access? i don't know. it could either be really cute or really sexy.

something like that.

-justine

------------------
have i been wrong?
have i been wise?
to shut my eyes and play along?

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that sounds a bit weird but useful.

And surprisingly, it answered to my question. I was wondering about where I could carry condoms without being warmed-up and what do I find at Scarleteen ? The answer !

Scarleteen might just be the best place for answers when it comes to sex.

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead Dog
Activist
Member # 1672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dead Dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my best friend and i found some thongs at the mall that we thought were hyseterical.

they're just these cute, basic cotton thongs with little cartoon images front-and-center. but then, on each hip, there's a little plastic clasp. you pinch that clasp, and - ta-da! - you undies open down the front like a diaper.

the "easy-access" thong, we called 'em.

it's a shame that undies with condom-pockets already exist, because as soon as i read the beginning of this thread, i planned to invent them. too late. =P hehe.

Posts: 61 | From: texas - yeehaw, or something | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ohh ooh! Those thongs were the first ones I ever got!!! Mine was pink with a kitty cat and DIVA on it. I loved those things

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a soft glasses case in a funky early seventies print that easily holds about a dozen condoms, birth control pills, lube, gloves . . . any safe-sex equipment I could want. It occasionally even holds my sunglasses, and fits neatly in my purse.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

I just saw the condom-holding pocketed thongs at hot topic. Es muy muy cute

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

"Just say no" fights teen pregnancy the way "hey, cheer up" fights manic depression.

Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone up for a game of tennis? My tennis underwear has a pocket in it that's not only the right size for a tennis ball, but fits a small handful of condoms and a tube of lube, as well!

Sports and sex, the two best forms of exercise

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover Cinderella
Neophyte
Member # 4607

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Undercover Cinderella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an actual condom case...its kinda like a glasses case just smaller and with a zipper. Its bright neon pink...impossible to loose. I carry it in my purse. I believe its the second best invention ever...next to the underwear with the pocket
Posts: 39 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilentJuliet
Neophyte
Member # 13001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilentJuliet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This coule be the craziest question ever asked But I hadn't ever heard of undies w/ condom pockets until I read this post... I just wondered, where is the pocket located? It's a good idea, but seems a little strange to me... 0=)

------------------
"I don't care what others think of you, because I know that you are the most beautiful person in the world." -my Romeo

Posts: 39 | From: Canton, Tx, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right on the little triangle of fabric in the front, that goes over your mons veneris. At least, that's where the pocket on my pair is.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Take a little time for sunshine/Take a whole lot of time for love/...Take your life as it may come, 'cause boy, it'll be gone soon/Take a little time for howlin' at the moon..." - Sam Bush, "Howlin' at the Moon"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jess_is_hott_08
Activist
Member # 13622

Icon 12 posted      Profile for jess_is_hott_08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
also as some of the other people on here were talkin about the thongs with the pockets for the condoms. yes they did look very very clever . and also very cute. but did you know that they also make bras with pockets in side the cups for them (condoms) also. I must say... very .. very nice !

------------------
~*~*~* blust*~*~~

Posts: 42 | From: geogetown,ohio,usa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I think those pockets in bras are for padding, though I guess they could be used that way.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF

Ask me, I won't say no, how could I?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jess_is_hott_08
Activist
Member # 13622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jess_is_hott_08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually no there not. It specifically said "poctet for condom." O well I get its your opinion!

------------------
~*~*~* blust*~*~~

Posts: 42 | From: geogetown,ohio,usa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, it's good to know at least one company is manufacturing bras with condom pockets .
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Meh, I guess I'm just used to an older generation of bras. I'm not trying to argue with you, just thought it was a creative use for something reasonably mundane.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF

Ask me, I won't say no, how could I?

jess_is_hott_08
Activist
Member # 13622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jess_is_hott_08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that you wernt trying to argue. I was just stating the facts . EnJoY

------------------
~*~*~* blust*~*~~

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.