Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » After-sex cleanup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: After-sex cleanup
JR
Neophyte
Member # 4164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently got on the pill, and since both my boyfriend and I were virgins, are now having sex sans condom. The problem is, neither of us really knows what we should do after sex. I mean, with the condom, you just take it off and throw it away, and start cuddling. But now, I've got semen in my vagina, and I don't know what to do with it. I definitely don't want to jump up and run to the bathroom, I want to stay in bed with my lover. I've used a tissue to wipe my vulva cleaner, but I'd like to know what the "official" way is
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright honey. First things first, by having unprotected sex, you run the risk of catching a nasty STD. Even though both you and your bf are virgins. Just because they are called Sexually Transmitted Diseases does not mean they can only be transmitted through sex.

Read this to know the kind of risk you run having unprotected sex.

If you want to have unprotected sex which we do not advocate, I sincerely hope you and your bf go for a full STD test as soon as possible. And until the report comes back and declares that the both of you are in perfect sexual health, use condoms.

For me, after I have sex, I jump up and run to the toilet to pee. Simply because urinating after sex cuts down the risk of getting a Urinary Tract Infection greatly.

My ex bf and I would usually wash up together and then head to the bed for snuggling.

You also might want to give this article a read through.

How To Bring Safer Sex Into The Bedroom

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 06-18-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey look, there's another reason to use condoms. Not only are they cheap, easy to buy, come in a great variety of flavors and styles, prevent pregnancy and disease, but now, they're also available for easy cleanup. Whoa! This condom thing is amazing.

Come on, stick with using condoms. As Lin said, just because you two are virgins, it does not rule out the possibility of disease transmission. You can get STDs/STIs through oral sex, manual sex (fingering/handjob), skin-to-skin contact, and kissing. So throw that "we are each other's first" thing out the window. Don't even think about having sex withput condoms until you're in a monogamous relationship in which both you and your partner have been tested in the last 6 months and continue to be tested regularly.

What's so hard about using condoms anyway? The Pill isn't foolproof and many people have become pregnant while on the Pill. Condoms are easy. The keep all the semen in a latex pouch- no exchange of fluids, no loose spermies, and you take it off and throw it away. Easy cleanup. Ta-da! Probelm solved.

As Lin said, you should get up and urinate after sex. It clears out all the bacteria that could have gotten in your urethra. It might kill the mood right then, but with a UTI, there won't be many "moods" at all. So take heed and good luck.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SlowCookie, in my opinion there are moods with a UTI, but they happen to be anger, pain, denial, and more pain.
Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hold up! Slowcookie could you be a little more specific?

i know you can get stds/sti's from unprotected sex...but what did you mean by getting them through manual sex and skintoskin contact? if there are open wounds/lesions? this can happen from, sitting on eachother's lap? hugging? kissing (besides herpes)?

just a little confused.

-justine

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh magpie, you kill me. *lmao*

And yes, I think the little mood chiller that getting up to pee might bring is definitely worth if it helps avoid those UTI "moods". Plus if you get up after sex to pee, on your way back to bed, you can bring a bottle of water (or another desired beverage) or a snack or whatever you or your partner craves after sex. (and get some wrap from the kitchen in case you sued up all dams)

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And seraphim, yes there's a bunch of STDs that you can get through manual sex, namely:

*Bacterial Vaginosis
*Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
*Herpes Simplex
*Human Papilloma Virus (HPV, Warts)
*Pubic Lice
*Scabies

Hugging does not transmit any STDs.

Check out the Infection section for more.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we talk about how all the forms of sex can transmit STDs. no one ever thinks to question the safety of holding hands. recently, i had a nasty, burning rash take over my hands. turns out, i got it from holding my boyfriend's hand -- he had the same rash. a tube of cortisone later, we're both cleared up, but dang, i didn't think i'd need to be wearing rubber gloves walking down the street with him.

anyway, i digress. JR, it seemed you were doing fine and dandy with the condoms. why not go back to using them instead of pondering "what now?" it's a whole lot less messy. no flowback to deal with. no wet spots. and yes, pee after sex. UTIs suck.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Country Girl
Activist
Member # 3380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Country Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a good friend who was on the pill at the age of 15... she was pregnant at 17. It is NOT 100% safe. Lucky for her, she is back on track and working on completing her college degree. I am so proud to be her friend.

------------------
"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."

Care to read my thoughts?

Posts: 80 | From: VT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fille_Douce
Neophyte
Member # 4174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fille_Douce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd just like to point out that the Pill is more effective at preventing pregnancy than condoms, or pretty much any other barrier method. I know you're promoting condoms to reduce the risk of spreading/getting an STD, but I think it would be safest of all to use a combination of a condom and the Pill.
Posts: 12 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using condoms and the Pill is very effective, Fille. However, as effective as the Pill can potentially be, there are a lot more factors that can compromise that than can affect using a good, recent condom. I mean, using the Pill should be enough to prevent pregnancy in almost everyone using it . . . only, being on antibiotics or using St John's wort, having polycystic ovaries, forgetting to take it at exactly the same time each day, expelling it through vomitting or diarrhea, and a few other things can nullify its effects to a greaqt degree. And all those things are pretty common. So it's definitely NOT foolproof.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.