Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » The incredible shrinking penis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The incredible shrinking penis
zebgirl
Activist
Member # 54

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zebgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is it about the penis that allows it to change size and shrink? I dont mean when a guy has an erection and it goes back to normal size, I mean when it shrinks to a really small size due to being cold or something. I am not the most experienced person about sex, however, I saw a guy who has an above average penis size when erect recently naked and his penis shrank really bad. He almost looked liked a girl. Now here is a guy with an 7 1/2" penis looking like he lost it or something, it was almost funny. Is it normal for this to happen to a guy's penis? Also is this what causes his balls to do the same? 7 1/2" hard to 1" soft sounds like alot of shrinkage.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The testes need to maintain a certain level of warmth, so that the sperm can survive. As a result, when a man's genitals become too cold, they retract into his body for warmth.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, shrinking is normal. and moreover, the size of a flaccid penis has no bearing on the size of the erect penis (except that the erect penis can't be smaller than the smallest flaccid size of that penis -- that's common sense, though). the penis can shrink so much because the penis is filled with very spongy tissue (called the corpora cavernosa and spongiosa). ever seen a sponge dry up and shrink? the penis does something similar.

as for the balls and keeping them cozy, they're retracted by the cremasteric muscle. That muscle connects the scrotum with the inner crotch-thigh area. the muscle contracts and the testes go *whoop* into hiding. The contraction reflex is called the cremasteric reflex, and it can be triggered by rubbing on the inside of the man's thigh, near his scrotum. The reaction is not sudden, though, you'll see them things just creep along up the leg...it's actually kinda amusing.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remind me not to disrobe in front of you. Laughter can be somewhat depressing!

------------------
Pugs: nature's bite-sized, tasty little treats.
I'll have teriyaki on mine!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jackie O
Neophyte
Member # 4100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackie O     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know its rude, but how did you see this guy with the tiny penis? And more importantly, how did you see the comparison hard penis!!

------------------
"I have no womb! There will be no children for my family!"
MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY! LOOK AT YOUR SON! YOU MIGHT HAVE LOVED HIM! BUT NOW HE'S GOT A GUN!

Disco lives.

Posts: 4 | From: Sweet young thing ain't sweet no more! | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've seen my boyfriend flaccid and erect. visually, i was able to make the contrast.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.