Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » could i be?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could i be?
katiebee662
Neophyte
Member # 3940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiebee662     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently i had sex w/ my boyfriend unprotected but it wasnt very long he pulled out and nothing got inside me but people say well i could get pg from precum is that possible i also heard if you smoke weed it lowers the chanced which he does and then that my body could kill off the sperm can you help me please
Posts: 1 | From: Topeka, Kansas, United States | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is possible to get pregnant from unprotected penetration -- it only takes one sperm to meet the egg, and they're very hardy little swimmers. I don't know whether pot lowers sperm count, but that's pretty much irrelevant -- unprotected sex is risky and carries the chance of pregnancy no matter what.

Sperm are present in pre-ejaculate (precum), which means that even if your partner did not ejaculate inside you, you are still at risk for pregnancy.

In addition, you and your partner also put yourself at risk for STDs by having unprotected sex.

If you want to know more about your risks for pregnancy, read this article: http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk.html

If you want to know more about what STDs you put yourself at risk for by having unprotected sex, read this article: http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/risk_1.html

If you want to know about how to practice safer sex that will diminish (but not eliminate) your risks of both unplanned pregnancy and STDs, go here: http://www.scarleteen.com/sexuality/safer.html

If you have questions after you read those articles, please ask!

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, whether or not he pulled out, or smokes weed, or anything, you had unprotected sex. Even if you were not at risk for pregnancy, you were at a very high risk for STDs.

Secondly: Precum can impregnate you. It is just a little bit less of the same stuff which comes out in final ejaculation.

Thirdly: marijuana has been found to have various negative effects on male fertility but that does not in any way negate the risk . If you think that marijuana is a form of birth control...well, the short answer is that you are wrong.

I'm sorry for being blunt here, but you need to know the facts, and since you already had a suspicion about precum you really didn't have any excuse, but now you know the reality of the situation. My advice would be to, at the very least, get tested for STDs asap.

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All of the above advice, plus this:

If you think you may be pregnant, get a pregnancy test. Take it as advised by the box (usually, the first day of a missed period; sometimes, sooner).

This is the only way to tell. We can't tell you if you're pregnant, however, by your description of the event, you very well may be.

Take the test and know for sure.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.