Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » sex with a friend.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex with a friend.....
Giggeler247
Neophyte
Member # 3615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giggeler247     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately i have been thinking about the idea of having sex....I feel that i am ready. I have talked with one of my really good guy friends and we are both feeling the same way, and we were thinking about doing it togeather. I was jsut wondering if anyone has lost their virginity to a really good friend of theirs and if they regreted it or not?
Well thanks for the help!

Posts: 17 | From: West Linn, Oregon, 97068 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best advice we can give you here would be to read the following articles. Again and again. When I first had sex, I thought I was ready until I came across our funky Readiness Checklist. Then I realised I was as ill prepared as anyone could humanly be.

First Intercourse 101

Sex Readiness Checklist

STD Risk Sheet

Birth Control Options

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 05-27-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, certainly do read those articles that Lin posted. It may seem like alot but it'll be well worth your time.

Also, if you do decide to have sex (intercourse) with your friend, make sure that both of you understand the boundaries of the relationship. No false hopes, no leading each other on, no expectations for something more, etc. You get the idea.

------------------
"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
--Calvin&Hobbes

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda_91
Activist
Member # 3771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda_91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to read the checklists. It will make you realize, yes, we're on the right track, or no, we have a lot to still talk about. My boyfriend and I thought we had really covered everything-- until we came to the checklist. Most of the stuff we had covered, but it still opened up some more extremely important discussions. If you can't talk openly about sex, then neither you nor your friend are ready, so check it out, both of you, and then talk about it.

Take care,
Karyn

Posts: 60 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zae~Zae
Activist
Member # 2946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zae~Zae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex with one of my guy friend and ended up pregnant because of it. We are still friends and all, we used protection, but that just shows you that there is a margin of error in birth control methods.

Having sex with a friend can mess up a friendship, I have seen this happen a lot. You could catch a STD or STI,just for a few minutes of pleasure. You should rethink this. Look at the link suggested to you and make sre that you are not making a decision that you'll regret later on.

Posts: 91 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.