Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » sex on school trips

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex on school trips
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BBC reports this today:

quote:
Teenagers have said they had sexual experiences on school trips when they were as young as 11, according to a survey.
The study - by the health charity Marie Stopes International - said one in five of those questioned said they had full sex while they were away from home when they were 16 or under.

A quarter said they used no contraception.

One in three of those questioned said they had some kind of sexual experience on a trip, some when they were as young as 11 or 12.

[...]

The charity said being away from their parents gave teenagers an opportunity to have sex that they would not have at home.

A spokesman for the organisation, Tony Kerridge, said it was not calling for an end to such trips: "This does not mean that school trips should be stopped, but that young people should be given more education about sex and the risks involved."

Dr Marianne Parry, the medical director of Marie Stopes International said: "What is really worrying is that a quarter of respondents didn't use any contraception at all and put themselves at risk of contracting sexually transmitted infections and experiencing crisis pregnancies.

"If these findings are reflected nationally, a quarter of young people on school trips having unprotected sex is a real cause for concern."

Marie Stopes International has produced a schools edition of a booklet called "Your Passport to Sexual Health".

It gives pupils advice on how to resist peer pressure to have sex and information about contraception and the dangers of sexually transmitted infections.

Dr Parry said young people should think "long and hard" before they embarked on sexual activity while away from home.

Mr Kerridge said: "Britain has the highest rate of teenage pregnancies in Western Europe.

"All the evidence from the Continent suggests that the best way to discourage early sexual activity is to give young people all the facts."

This mirrors what I experienced and witnessed when I went on school trips during high school, even though most people in my grade could openly be sexually active at home, too, meeting someone and having casual encounters had some appeal while being on a school trip. I think it goes for summer camps for older teens and trips, too (at least the ones I went to *lol*).

What shocks me about these news is that so many in this study didn't use any contraception or STD protection.

What do you think schools could do to face this obvious problem of unprotected sex on school trips and what would be a good way (in your opinion) to address this before a trip?

------------------
"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i used to be in the marching band (stop laughing!) and we had a saying, "if the rest of the school knew how much casual sex went on in band, everyone in the student body would be picking up instruments."

it was true. those late night bus ride, that rustling and squeaking in the back seat was exactly what you thought it was.

now, i'd have to say i disapprove of this sort of behavior. there are appropriate places for sex, and in the bus seat behind me is not one of them. i think it is discourteous to your fellow students. and besides, i'm sure students aren't exactly planning to score in the bus -- if they're planning it, they're not planning very thoroughly. i think it'd be best to wait till everyone gets home, or at least to the hotel where the group is staying. i can only guess it's easier to put on condoms and lube in a hotel room and not in the bus. there's that matter of indecent exposure. getting caught engaging in sexual activity on a school trip will invariably get the parties involved in a lot of trouble. that in mind, it's best to mind the fact that there is an appropriate time and place for sex, and it's most likely not going to be in the school bus.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must agree with you on those band kids Gumdrop! I must include those choir kids too. Last weekend the music deparment went to Dallas, Texas, on bus, and yes I've heard lots of stories. Of course sometimes a poor couple might have rumors spread about them having differant types of sexual actives going on in the bus. Which I swear it's not true.

I agree is should be left at home or the hotel room. What would you do if your sponser saw you and your partner getting freaky on the bus???

[This message has been edited by CallMeBuffChick (edited 05-25-2001).]

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gumdrop Girl and CallMeBuffChick, you are both right. We've had some interesting stories from school trips, band competitions, and, oh God, choir is probably the worst. (If they knew how our tenors acted towards the sopranos and altos, they'd never again say that our choir boys are gay.) There are so many stories about things that used to happen at the high school choir, my brothers didn't want me to join. Anyway, you guys are right, there's definitely a time and a place for it-and the fact that almost none of them used contraceptive is horrible. Geez, when are people going to learn...

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"Wow, someone slept in sex ed!"

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I thought Toronto was having all the fun. We never had any of this stuff going on. At least any that i was aware of ... And i was in band, dance, leadership ... all of it. I've never heard of any sort of sexual activity happening on school trips. For that kind of thing, you went to the nearest bush. That's what it's come to.

When i went on my gr 8 quebec trip (big thing for us ontario students), we had different floors for the girls and boys. At 10pm you had to be in your room and duct tape was put across the door. The teachers came around and checked the tape at 6am, before anyone was up, to make sure no one had been out of their rooms. The really funny part was on the first nite, when i opened my door after "lockdown" and my teacher was standing there w/ the tape. I got in trouble ... LOL

------------------
For I am a bear of very little brain and long words bother me.
~ Winnie the Pooh

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, definitely. when i went to germany on a chorus trip in 10th grade, there was so much sketchy activity going on! maybe not actual intercourse, we were a bit young for that; not a lot of upperclassment on the trip...but still, lots of sex going on. i remember one time on the way back from a concert, we put a mix in the bus' stereo and created the "orgy bus" - one long grind line, reaching from the front to the back. people were hooking up all over the place. so sketchy, and no one bothered to stop us.

em

------------------
if you want to kiss the sky, you better learn how to kneel (on your knees, boy) -U2

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know it does not happen here in Singapore. Maybe does not is too strong a word but neither me nor all my friends have heard of such things happening.

When there are school trips, everyone is heavily chaperoned and I guess our culture plays a huge part in this as well.

I do know that when our National Servicemen go overseas, they are given condoms.

Obviously I do not agree with such behaviour in the least. It sounds like everything is happening in the spur of the moment with little or no regard for pregnancy and/or STDs.

While our government can give condoms to our national servicemen, they are above the age of consent but I doubt that could be done for school children. I guess in that case, educating them on safer sex and providing them with a copy of our readiness checklist (if only) would be the best way to go. Hopefully, someone brings condoms.

Thing is you could talk till the cows come home but some kids are just going to do it so I guess if they are going to do it, make sure they know what they are in for and make sure they are protected.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, nothing like that has ever gone on at any of our school trips either. Our trips are very heavily chaperoned also, and the students are closely watched. We just recently went on a two day trip up North with our school's band, and honestly nothing like you guys described ever went on. There were about 7 parents and/or teachers to each bus, the girls and guys had seperate floors at the hotel, and we even had "den mothers" who patrolled the hallways. They even went far enough to ban the students from going to their friends rooms (so my friends Matt, Jennifer, and I had to hang around in the lobby). There was a "be in bed by 10-o-clock" curfew and a "lights out" curfew for 11 (even though me and my room-mates stayed up until well after midnight).

I remember that there were a few couples in our class that wanted to go for a walk on the bike-trail, and as soon as they left, the chaperones were coming after them. Besides, in my school band and quoir are known as being the quietest, tamest activity groups in the whole school.

I think it's pretty bad though, that many of the teens in that survey who have had sex on class trips have never used protection. That just goes to show that somebody isn't doing everything they can to promote safe sex. They need to spend more time talking to the students about pregnancy and STD risks, and how to practice safer sex.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i would have to agree about the band thing. late night bus rides do lend themselves to sexually preoccupied teenagers. myself once included. however. now realizing that my behavior was not fair or polite to the rest of the people around me, i'm less of a PDA girl. but i don't think things ever went as far as full on sexual intercourse. (i know definately not for me *virgin warrior cries*)

and btw...now that i'm a scarleteen girl...whenever i hear people asking sex questions...i usually pop my head in with some advice and always have our local PP addy handy as well as urs! i'm known as the sex ed advice chick and i'm proud of it! when people ask me what i want to be when i go to college....sexual education it is! you guys rock!

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone in our area thinks that the band trips are one giant orgy, but they're not. When we get back, everyone's always like "Who hooked up with whom?" But in truth, it's not like that at all. All the chaperones are really strict. We have the duct tape thing and a lot of room checks. I mean, yeah, we're all chummy and close, but no sex. Smooches, hugs, holding hands, and leaning all over another is common, but nothing big.

But I'm sure if the teachers weren't so strict, a lot more people on the trip would be having sex.

Oh yeah, another myth in my area is the drugs/booze. They're real strict about that too, so we can't sneak anything. We're all smart enough not to do anything stupid because we'll get in LOTS of trouble with the school system.

------------------
Sarcasmic, orgasmic, fantasmic...

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'd like to say Hooray for that article, as it pushes education to reduce STDs that could be transmitted rather than saying "bad children, moral crisis" (because it's not a moral crisis, it's a health crisis).

I've never been in a school band, but I do remember the gropers on the bus in high school. My school would often do day trips to Sydney to see performances of Shakespeare, or art exhibitions etc. This involved leaving at 6am in the morning, and arriving back at 3am the next morning, so there was a lot of darkness on the way home.

I also recall people getting sexual at various camps throughout high school. It would have been great if condoms had been available for those people. Although I do have to say that it also would have been great to tell a couple of them to take it outside or somewhere private.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, sounds like I was missing out!

During the time I was in junior high and high school, our school district was suffering from a severe cash shortage, so we did not have any school trips. The only bus rides we got were those we could raise money for ourselves, so sports teams were the only groups who would take trips.

I remember travelling to Track Meets that were far away from our school, so we would leave about 445am and come home well after midnight at times. It was these long trips where you could see couples sink down to the bottom of their seats and do whatever they felt like. We often tormented the heck out of those couples...as soon as they were getting "intimate," the aerial bombardment would begin. We threw whatever would fly at them, and teased them mercilessly.

Looking back, I think we were all just jealous.

------------------
"Unit 16 from 11B, the one running through the park is the one with the gun."
"11B from 16, you mean the naked guy?"
"Yup."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucky1402:
Boy, nothing like that has ever gone on at any of our school trips either. Our trips are very heavily chaperoned also, and the students are closely watched. We just recently went on a two day trip up North with our school's band, and honestly nothing like you guys described ever went on. There were about 7 parents and/or teachers to each bus, the girls and guys had seperate floors at the hotel, and we even had "den mothers" who patrolled the hallways. They even went far enough to ban the students from going to their friends rooms (so my friends Matt, Jennifer, and I had to hang around in the lobby). There was a "be in bed by 10-o-clock" curfew and a "lights out" curfew for 11 (even though me and my room-mates stayed up until well after midnight).

This past year, I went on a school trip to Washington, D. C., and our "security system" was pretty much the same as yours. In the first hotel we were at, the boys and girls were on the same floor, but the chaperones sat out in the hall to make sure nothing happened, and later on a guard patrolled the halls (and he yelled at me for going out in the hall at 10:15 to get ice!). In the second hotel, we were on different levels, but we still had chaperones and security everywhere. In fact, probably the most sexual thing that happened (besides sleeping on people's shoulders on the buses) was seeing each other in swimming suits at the hotel pool, and the closest I came to sneaking into a boy's room was going down to my friend Jared's room (with my best girl friend) and eating Pop-Tarts.

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"Wow, someone slept in sex ed!"

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwipunch9
Neophyte
Member # 2913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kiwipunch9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heh, band is awesome! Although, security is very tight (aka: duct tape, room checks, yelling, different floors), some stuff has still happened (balconies that connected rooms.. that no one knew about...).. Band trips are NOT the place to have sex. It's a time to hang out with friends and make fun of how much the other bands suck!

------------------
"There's an old joke, I just made up. How many of me would it take to screw up your life?" --Ben Folds, Kalamazoo

Posts: 13 | From: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we went to Dallas rules weren't that heavy. At all.

After dinner we got back to the hotel at 10:30. Curfew was 12:30. The two sponser (band and choir theacher) came around to the rooms for a check. Then they ducked tape the doors.

The sponsers and chaperones were on a whole differant floor then us. The buses only had to two chaps on them too. No wonder...nevermind.

------------------
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~
.:.Christine.:.
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to be in the Brooklyn Youth Chorus. We went on very frequent trips. Washington D.C., Iowa, New Jersey, England, Russia, . . . we went everywhere. There was never any actual sex because we were fairly young. The chorus went in age from 10-18, but almost everyone was 10-14. There was however a lot of sexual Truth or Dare. It was so silly. We were just like, "Mervin, I dare you to kiss Meryl." We just dared each other to kiss for hours on busses.
I remember when I was twelve, my friend in the chorus who was thirteen was telling me about what she had done with her boyfriend the previous night(Oy, so uneducated, sexually active and she wanted to know what the sticky white stuff that squirted out of her boyfriend's penis was). Just as she said something rather explicit, the chorus manager walked by and overheard her. She freaked out and yelled at us. Then the chorus director came and had a talk with us about how we were really too young to know about, much less talk about sex. I told her that it was important that we talk about sex because I had just told my friend that she should be using condoms. The director said that we were too young to know what condoms are . . . surprised there aren't epidemic STD rates within BYC.

My Jazz Vocal group in school goes to the National High School Jazz Musicians Festival every year in Boston. There isn't very much sex, but there are lots of rumors about it. There is tons of alcohol and drugs. It's absolutely ridiculous. Everyone thinks that the school trip is the perfect time to get wasted . . . people always get caught and now we probably won't even get to go on the trip next year. Grrrr.

Camp is the ultimate bus sex place. The farthest anyone goes on the bus is manual sex, but there is plenty of it. It's really gross. On any trip when we are on a bus after dark you here waaaay too much moaning. Ick. Part of the problem is that there is a no sex rule. We are intentionally given no privacy in order to enforce that rule. Since there is no way that a group of 50 teens aged 15-17 are going to go an entire summer without hooking up, there is lots of PDA. Once I hooked up with a girl in my bunk when no one else was there, but we got walked in on with our shirts off and a bit of a commotion ensued. It's just too difficult to get any privacy in that sort of situation, so since then I have avoided sex. Luckily we can still masturbate in the shower as long as we are quiet. We get some privacy there. A friend of mine had sex-full out intercourse- with her boyfriend on the floor of the counselor's area. She got away with it by telling everyone in the bunk about it first. It was well planned and we all knew to stay out of the bunk for that time period and a couple of girls kept watch for counselors from the portch. It was a pretty elaborate scheme. IMHO people should just wait till they get home.

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must have also been of those who missed something there. Although I never went on school trips, because there never was, I had never heard such things happened in buses.

Still, I don't understand why no one says anything on some of those trips.

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalledFollower
Neophyte
Member # 3781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CalledFollower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not a band person nor a singing type. I am one of those people that play sports. And when we were on thee long trips to places like districts, reionals, and state competition for Cross-Country, and Track, the way back was always filled with people cuddling, kissing, and doing other things more sexual. I think it is wrong to do because of all the other people on he bus, I don't care about the kissing and cuddling, but full blown sex is just nasty to think of people having sex in the seat behind you.
Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel
Activist
Member # 2870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to an all-male Grammar school, so I doubt there was all that much tomfoolery during the early years... I would certainly be surprised if anyone had any sexual experiences on trips at that age! But, as time went on, students became more boisterous and there were more and more opportunities. But, as far as I know, we usually kept our cool. Although I'm sure there were quite a few sub-orgies, in Paris on a trip about the EU a friend of ine turned down a girl from our sister school, and in Wales on a trip to a hostel with three other schools, the only person thought to have possible got some had to go without after he couldn't get a condom!

But, I only know about when it didn't happen... I'm sure not everyone would be as quick to boast about it as other people are quick to gossip about it

On a tangent, I must agree it is quite nasty hearing people nearby having sex (that is, any form of sex)... I was at a small sleepover this weekend, and a couple of people, after they thought everyone had gone to sleep, started doing... things to each other
they got a rather rude awakening too, when the guy in question's ex-girlfriend, who was also present, decided to chuck a glass of cold water over them...

Posts: 105 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Junior year, my choir went to New Orleans for a national competition. We stayed in a really nice hotel, with girls on the 3rd floor, chaperons on the 4th, and guys on the 5th. Nobody taped up our doors (not that I know of, at least) but they did check on us a LOT -- each chaperon had the keys to the rooms they were watching. So it could be 3 AM and a chaperone could walk in to do bed checks.

I'm sure a lot of things went on during that trip -- some of us even took an oath of silence *l*
but what I can say is when one of the senior boys got caught with vast quantities of alcohol in his room, along with most of the other choir members, I didn't get in trouble because my friend Ryan and I were tucked away in his room.

On a side note, I always pack condoms and such when I'm going on an overnight anywhere. That trip, my supply was pretty depleted when we got home when people found out I had some.

------------------
And there's nothing I can do, as I realize with fright, the spider-man is having me for dinner tonight!

Yet Another Online Diary

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I found out a few days ago that while coming home on a bus from a choir competition, a girl fellated (I hope that's the correct tense; if not, then she gave oral sex to) her male friend. Guess who won "Most fun on the bus" at the choir awards ceremony...

------------------
"When you hate your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way!"

Bunch of savages in this town.

celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that before the trips that the students go on the teachers give out pamphlets about safer sex, and condoms, since they can't stop the kids from having sex you might as well try to stop them from getting pregnant, or transmitting STDS.
Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melimelo
Activist
Member # 7361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melimelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went a week in florida last year, and i didn't hear about such stories. but, there were 4 boys on 45 students, plus i was friend with the daughter of one of the teacher who was there, so we obviously didn't get to know much.

in one of the hotels, my friend (who was on the 8th floor and not in my room, i was on the 10th) heard knock knoeck on her room door, so she opened it, and there was a policeman who asked her if she had seen people walking on the window ledge outside, and she said no (cause she hadn't) and she closed the door. then she turned around, and saw the boys walking to the girl's room, her room was in the middle...

Posts: 81 | From: north america | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellychan
Neophyte
Member # 8517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellychan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes... even on debate trips has it been known to happen. I personally haven't... but I guess if your round ends early...
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bambislick
Neophyte
Member # 8519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bambislick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i too have been guilty of this one... i am the only female in metal shop and we made it to state and the guy showed up at my hotel room and wanted me to go to theirs where they had 3 bottles of liquor and i got trashed, lost a game of strip poker, and ended up having sex and giving lap dances luckily nothin left the room but damn, if the school had any idea what was goin on it would be trouble....
Posts: 5 | From: iraan tx usa | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, on the spring trip in band this year the most sexual thing i heard of was when these guys were comparingin their hotel room. its pretty funny how guys are so self-concious about their penises. MEN! besides, kissing, cuddling, holding, and maybe manual sex(god i wish people would use condoms). eh well, im sure i'll hear of more things next year...

------------------
~*Scientists say that one out of 4 people are crazy. go to 3 of ur friends and if they are okay, you are it.*~

~*In faith i do not love thee with mine eyes
for they in thee a thousand errors note
but tis my heart which love what they dispise,
who in despite of view is pleased to dote,
Nor are mine ears by thine tounge's tune delighted,
Nor tender feeling base touches prone,
Nor taste nor smell desire to be invited,
To any sensual feast with thee alone.
But my five wits nor five senses can
dissuade one foolish heart from serving thee,
Who leaves unswayed the likeness of a man,
Thy proud heart's slave and vassal wretch to be.
Only my plague thus far can i count my gain,
that he who makes me sin awards me pain.
~*William Shakespeare
Sonnet 141

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zugzwang
Neophyte
Member # 2373

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Zugzwang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the duct tape used for that everybody keeps mentioning??
Posts: 19 | From: Boston | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The duct tape is stretched across the doorframe, so that if you open the doors, the duct tape will be broken.
Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girl, Interrupted
Activist
Member # 5162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girl, Interrupted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One time, at band camp...

I went on a school trip a couple weeks ago, and we were allowed to stay in non-supervised co-ed rooms. I don't know of any sex that went on, but you never know...

------------------
<3
Lissa

Posts: 62 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.