Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » a little worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a little worried
PinupGirl
Neophyte
Member # 2820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinupGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'll try and keep this short. here's the story:
I lost of virginity two weeks ago and a week after me and my boyfriend had been having sex I felt pain in my vagina. It was intense, as if he had maybe been too big and tore something (but I've been having sex with the same guy only). The pain went away and then came back the next morning, it again went away. Then when I peed the pain came back and has been doing that ever since. The pain is getting less but when I pee (especially in the morning) I feel the same soreness in my vagina...
What's going on?! How do I take care of it?!

Posts: 32 | From: Sacremento, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's time for a check with a doc. Pain while urinating is a sign for a UTI, while extreme soreness in the vagina could indicate a yeast infection (which would not necessarily have something to do with having had sex).
It could be a lot of things though, so please have this checked out by a pro.

------------------
"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its nice and simple.
Pain = bad.
Doctor + you = good.

Generally speaking, any pain in your crotch is worth having a doctor look at. You probably want to abstain from sex in the meantime.

------------------
Fred Durst: Alternative "tough" guy...
...or whiny little weasel with a third grade vocabulary?

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
could be a few things.

your vagina is lined with the same sort of tissue that lines your mouth (pseudocornified stratified squamous epithelium, but you don't have to know that), and i'm sure you know how easy it is to cut that stuff like when you bite the inside of your lip or something.

well, the same deal happens when you have sex, the tissue can cut and tear a little bit. this is why it is very important to use a water-based lubricant such as Astroglide (me ... like ... ASTROGLIDE!!!) on the inside surface and on the outside of the condom (you are using a condom, right?!?!). Apply the lube thusly, and a little to the vulva and vaginal opening. This should make penetration a lot less harsh.

let yourself heal up. don't use tampons and don't have sex for a few days. then next itme, follow the above advice.

as for the burning when you pee, that could be the urine irrtating the cuts and tears, or it could be a urinary tract infection. do you find yourself spotting blood when you pee? do you need to pee frequently? does it feel like you've been punched in the belly when you pee? if you say yes to these symptoms, then it might well be a UTI; a UTI needs to be treated by your doctor (who will probably give you antibiotics), if you let it slide, you could wind up with a kidney infection, which can lead to kidney failure. not good!

so, hang in there. it's important to pee before and after sex. if he can see you naked, then saying "hey, gimme a second to pee" should be no problem.

and remember that part of sexual responsibility is maintaining your health. if you feel something weird, and usspect that sex 'caused it, you still have to go see a doc, even if your folks might find out what you've been up to. nothing's worth risking your health or your partner's health.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.