Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » yellow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: yellow
lucina
Activist
Member # 3792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can any icky things happen from being urinated on? it would be far, far away from any orifice (like on someone's back, chest, or so). showering would happen right after.
Posts: 61 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im not very certain...but i do know that urine is veeerrryyyy sterile so if you ever get cut, say, out in the woods, and you don't have water and cleanser...pee on urself.

i don't know about other people on you though...it is a bodily fluid...it might contain disease...but if its sterile, i don't know. check the search function...there might be some things there.

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rdavid
Activist
Member # 3041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdavid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

From the safer sex guide at sexuality.org:

quote:
Most experts agree that urinating on unbroken skin (keeping the urine away from the eyes) poses little or no health risk.

AFAIK, urine is technically only sterile inside the body. When it's coming out, it can mix with any bacteria that is present on the genitals. But as long as there's no broken skin present, nothing icky should happen. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.)

------------------
r.d.m. * riotboy * http://f0o.org
"and you say i'm just a kitty cat in disguise" -- estrojet

Posts: 47 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a high-risk practice and can be considered "fluid bonding" between people.

Urine is only sterile TO YOURSELF - which is why, yes, peeing on a cut ON YOUR OWN BODY is perfectly okay for cleaning purposes in a survival situation.

It can be very irritating to the skin, however, and may contain all sorts of nasties. You may also have very small breaks in your skin which you do not notice.

I can't recommend this as a safe sexual practice, broken skin or no. If I'm wrong, straighten me out, Advocates.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

[This message has been edited by lemming (edited 05-20-2001).]

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.salon.com/health/feature/1999/06/07/urine/

Here's a good article about urine therapy. A quick search on Google.com lead me hear, and it's actually very interesting... They talk about how drinking and putting your own urine on you can actually be good for you (of course it hasn't been proven yet).

Here's another article about if you get SOMEONE ELSE'S urine on you: http://www.sexuality.org/l/wh/att42.html

Basically they say that urine on un-broken skin is safe, but there's still a chance that infectious urine can cause harm to you by getting through micro-cuts. While the HIV virus will not survive in urine, it can carry hepititus and other diseases, so you'll want to be very careful.

Go ahead and read the articles... They cover a lot. The second one has the play-by-play rules if you're thinking of experimenting with golden showers.

------------------
Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RyGuy
Neophyte
Member # 3964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RyGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh, I read each and every word about that urine therapy and its very interesting. Its kind of gross on the other hand. It talked about some woman practically LIVING off of her own pee. (Thats pretty sick) Maybe the thought of using a little bit on your skin is alright, but drinking it with your lunch.... (Excuse me for a moment, I need to go throw up.)

------------------
"Do what you love, and love what you do"
~RyGuy

Posts: 15 | From: Utah | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.