Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Even with proper lubrication?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Even with proper lubrication?
Sweet Girl
Neophyte
Member # 3258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even if you use proper lubrication while having sex for the first time is there still a possibility that there will be a chance of tearing and bleeding and soreness?
Posts: 19 | From: Somewhere in the USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes. proper arousal is also quite necessary to get your vagina dilated for intercourse. there's also the awkwardness of inexperience, and that can make for a bit of a mess.

your vagina is lined with the same sort of tissue that lines your mouth. i'm sure you've cut your gums flossing every now and then. the friction afforded my vigorous sexual activity can cause some cuts and tears here and there. even people who have been having sex for a good long time spot a little blood sometimes.

so in spite of all this, it's important to relax (lest you aggravate any pain you may or may not feel) beofre having sex. many girls don't feel pain when they have intercourse for the first time. i, for one, didn't hurt afterwards.

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in a word? yes. you are stretching all those muscles in ways which may not have been done before, and the possible result of that is discomfort, pain, bleeding, etc. no, this is not what definitely WILL happen. but it is a possibility, you know?

i think if you're getting all queasy about the possibility of a little pain, you need to look at whether or not you're actually ready to have intercourse.

check out this nifty sex readiness checklist to learn more about this stuff, it might be able to answer some of your other questions.

em

------------------
if you want to kiss the sky, you better learn how to kneel (on your knees, boy) -U2

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.