Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sex fanatics worst nightmare...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex fanatics worst nightmare...
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK...I had sex on the 7th of April. It is presently the 25th of April. If I were pregnant, what would signs indicate? You wouldnt start showing yet..it would be impossible right?!

It hasnt been a month yet, but I was just curious cause I've been feeling different, and am just wondering.

Thanks!!!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are worried that you might be pregnant, take a pregnancy test. They usually show reliable results either 10 days after an incident during which you could have gotten pregnant or on the day you missed your period.

Apart from a missed period (which is the most obvious sign of pregnancy), not all women experience syptoms such as
*nausea;
*inexplicable fatigue;
*sore or enlarged breasts;
*headaches; and
*frequent urination.

Stop the worrying and get a test.
And a full STD screen in a few weeks, too.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angela, did you use a condom and a birth control method?

if you did, and the condom did NOT break or tear and was on for all contact, you really don't need to be worried.

If you didn't, yes, you should be worried (and about STDs and STIs to boot). You should also (don't mean to nag) make sure to use a condom as well as an additional method of birth control if you're going to be sexually active, babe.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We did use a condom!! My stomach hurts alot lately, i dont want to get up in the morning, and I go to the bathroom like atleast 7 MORE TIMES than i do regularly...

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PMS has a lot of the same symptoms of pregnancy. So it could very easily just be PMS. If you used a condom and it didn't break, and you used it correctly, your pregnancy risk is very, very low. But as Miz. S said, use an additonal method of birth control with the condoms if pregnancy worries you that much.

------------------
Lil Siren

Read My Thoughts...

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditzy hon, just go get a pregnancy test kit.

Stress or worrying too much can help delay your period so there is little point in worrying so much right now. Just take a pregnancy test.

Not all women go through the same symptoms of pregnancy so just by telling us your symptoms, we are unable to tell if you are pregnant at all. So to ease your fears, get that pregnancy test kit now. And if you want to be doubly sure, get two.

And as Siren said, if this is going to worry you so much, think of investing in another form of contraception. The birth control pill maybe?

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I pee 7 times more than the average Joe every single day. It's just who I am.

If you're all bent out of shape about the chance of getting pregnant, it could be your anxiousness that's causing you to pee so much. When i get all hot and flustered, i have to pee too. It's really a pain in the butt.

I think this is a wonderful case of mind over matter. You're worried that you could be pregnant, so your body's doing things to convince you that it is. So you worry about it, and get yourself even more worked up when you don't know for sure. The only way to know for sure, of course, is to take a test.

------------------

Go LEAFS Go !!

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although everyone else has already said this,
the only way you can know for sure is to take a pregnancy test.

they're cheap. they're fast. they're easy.

it's scary, but it's better to know for sure, hon.

buy one now!

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morganlh85
Activist
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morganlh85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After just a month, you won't notice anything. It takes about two-three months for pregnancy signs to appear. Just take a test. Two of them actually. If one or both of them is positive, then get a blood test from a doctor to make sure.
Posts: 304 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

You guys are the best! Thanx for everything!!!

I'll keep you updated!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.