Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Women reaching orgasm...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Women reaching orgasm...
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok.. i'm pretty confused here and need a little 'extra' knowledge on this.

It's about women reaching orgasm. I have heard that through penis-vagina intercourse alone, not many women reach orgasm.

So the question is:

" How many percent of women reach orgasm through
1. penis-vagina intercourse
2.oral sex ( mouth )
3. Manual sex ( hands )
4. Toy sex ( uhhh vibrators/dildos )
5. masturbation

ok that's about all. Sometimes I hear women complain that their guys are not giving them what they want. But nowadays I think it's time that women said something about it instead of expecting their guys to 'know' it.

so ladies. speak up.

curious,
antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If all women were made identically, and if sexuality was only physical, Antonio, one might be able to give you those sorts of percentages.

But none of those things are the case.

What any individual woman enjoys is...well, pretty darn individual. And even what works for her one day may not the next day. That's why around here we tell people to each talk to their own partners.

I don't think most women expect men (or their female partners) to "know" things about their bodies by psychic ability, and those who do are being silly.

But it's also silly tto think that all women have the same needs, and to ask them to "speak up" to someone who isn't their lover.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks scarlet... well I can throw those stupid great-idea-relationship magazines away.

Sounds like some of us fall for those RELATIONSHIP Advice stuff.

ah well... time to move on.

And here's something I like to say. I don't have a partner right now and everytime I look around, I see all these good girls taken.

I have two female friends on mine who are far away... and they are just as beautiful and smart. But we're like millions of miles apart.

And I have another female friend who I so much want to see but she has a daughter and a boyfriend, so her time is rough. I was infatuated with her the first time after not seeing her for 7-8 years. And I think she was infatuated too but I couldn't carry on the relationship in that way because she had someone else. So I respected her but I totally miss her and so much want to hug her.

And about the women in college ? Wow... they're even more beautiful that I thought... but it's not like a way to find any girl out there. Actually, it takes time.

Oh ... by the way... don't give me that 'TIME WILL TELL' crappy stuff. I've heard that a lot of times. And don't give me that 'LOVE WILL COME TO YOU WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT'

peace
antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, you can meet anyone you want. You can also ask anyone out on a date you want to.

But that also means you have to be able to handle all the folks wgho will say no, because peopple will say no just like people will say yes.

Love doesn't "come" to anyone. You see who you see, you take a risk, you reach out and grab it, and when it isn't right, you brush off your knees and start over again.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by antonio99:
Oh ... by the way... don't give me that 'TIME WILL TELL' crappy stuff. I've heard that a lot of times. And don't give me that 'LOVE WILL COME TO YOU WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT'

Antonio, the reason you have heard that statement "lots of times" is because it is true. A watched pot never boils. Those of us who go out looking for people spend so much time looking that we never actually see anything...while our heads are on a swivel, we fail to really pay attention to what we are looking at.

And its the same with lots of things. When I'm on patrol at work and it is 3am...and I'm REALLY looking hard to find something or someone...I never see a darned thing. And then when I'm just fooling around at 3am trying only to stay awake, I see people doing all kinds of illegal things and I go get 'em.

The moral of the story is that if you can relax and enjoy yourself, and not spend too much time looking for something good, something great will come your way. And you're not alone either...I'm trying to tell myself the same thing these days. Good luck to ya...

--Danny

------------------
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

miz scarlet and brian diun,

I tell myself a lot of times that there are things waiting to happen. It's like all my friends out there are having good times. They got relationships and they're happy about the persons they're with.

I don't go out looking for it... everyday I sit in the classroom, walk around the college campus, drive home, eat dinner, exercise, study, sleep, and then wake up in the morning for another 'typical' day.

I miss my female friends who are far away or busy doing their own things. They were like the closest people I've known and what more can I ask for in college ?

NOt many people I know in college do that. Either they're taken or just not in the mood. And sometimes I don't want to believe it but all those beautiful women I see everywhere brighten up my day with a smile or glance or a little hello.

wow... they're just pretty and cute... and inside they're nice and outgoing and communicative and emotional and sensational and sentimental.

I'm used to doing things alone... sometimes I see so many un-opened doors waiting for their side to take a turn but do you know how hard that is ?

And I'm not ugly. A lot of women find me cute because that is what they say to me. Others find me hot and some find me handsome.
I'm 20, and I've been reading all these books about the opposite sex ( women.. duh !).

I guess I'll go take another stroll around the campus and catch a few glances.

Never in my life have I ever held a woman so close in my arms... so close where I want her to be so I can 'feel' her and talk to her. I've only been kissed when I was little around 6 yrs and when I was a senior in high school with my ex who turned out to be un-caring.

And the only kiss I will ever remember is when I was 6 yrs old. She was my next door neighbor. And now she's so beautiful and grown up. She was the one I was talking about. The one who has a daughter and bf right now. Gosh... I miss her. and I'm not crazy about her... but sometimes it's hard to let go of those feelings.

peace,

antonio99

Alabaster
Neophyte
Member # 3399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alabaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the key is to not let it bother you. Live your life, and when destiny wants you to share it someone else, you will. Now you can activly pursue the issuse, and there is nothing wrong with that, but from what I've gathered you are rather shy, and probly the "nice"guy type. Give it time, try to be clever always, and have a good sense of humor. A little assertiveness doesn't hurt neither.
Posts: 18 | From: Salisbury, MD | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

thanks alabaster,

and you're right. i'm the nice type guy and nice guys always finish last. Which ain't true most of the time.

I thought girls like nice types. Even bad boys too ? I mean it's not my intention to hurt the ladies coz I respect them.

I won't let it bother me.

Sometimes I hear that nice guys don't flirt and that women ENJOY flirting.

is this one little teeny weeny reason why some women don't hang around nice guys ?

well...what do you think about nice guys ?

antonio99

ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, I just don't have Nice Guy Psychic Detection Radar. I really really can't tell if someone is nice or not nice or just having a bad day unless they actually interact with me. Sure, I can form some conclusions from watching how they treat other people and act in the world around them, but I can't tell if I'm interested in someone or if I find them interesting unless they interact with me, talk to me, get to know me, and I can do the same with them.

So, honestly, if someone's the nice shy quiet type, I can't tell that. Which might be why nice guys miss out, if they're not willing to take the risk of being nice to someone -- even if that means maybe getting rejected.

Sitting around looking at girls and wondering "why will no one date me" is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. They're not just suddenly going to be hit with Cupid's Arrow and come dashing across to leap into your arms, ya know?

I know that one school of advice goes "love will find you when it is your time." This is true. But the other school of advice goes that "you are responsible for your destiny' which means putting yourself in sitautions where love's more likely to jump you.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

that was beautiful erin.

and I think what you said was true. Well, wish me luck and by the way..

i know some ladies in my university... and we do talk but... they're all taken. it's like all the good women are gone... taken... in the hands of other guys.

darn... they're just so good to be with.

peace,

antonio99

Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
:::sigh::: I know it seems like all the good ones are taken sometimes, but really, they're not all taken. Just keep your eyes and ears open. I'm pretty sure there is at least 1 or 2 decent girls who don't have boyfriends.

One thing that I do, is when I want to be with someone, in a relationship, or whatever, I make it known. I tell people I want to be in a relationship and look for potential date material. It's a lot more productive, and makes you feel better than sitting around and wishing that special someone would come. And actually, right before my current love came into my life I was telling my best friend, "The next reasonable guy that flirts with me, or asks me to hang out, or even hints that he might like me....I'm persuing!" And only a few days later I got asked out by a wonderful guy. Think positively.

------------------
Lil Siren

Read My Thoughts...

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

thanks siren. Maybe if I'm ready, then I'll ask the girls out. I'll try to tell them directly but it's not like I should hint them but rather taking my time would be easier.

Some people go slow and others go fast... but if they're serious or just want to play around then that depends on how I want it.

adios

antonio99

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.