Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » is this normal?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is this normal?
fLoWuRz
Activist
Member # 2047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fLoWuRz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. when my boyfriend are having sex, it feels amazing at first, but then i start to get gassy. could it be just my stomache reacting to the motion? is there anything i can do to prevent this? like not eating/eating before intercourse? i really need oppinions on this one, b/c its really starting to affect me b/c im not really satisfied with sex anymore.
Posts: 56 | From: to,cnd | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be something similar to motion sickness.. do you get seasick or car sick? It could be the same sort of thing (as odd as it may sound)..

I suppose you could try changing what you eat before sex and experiment to see if that is the problem, otherwise you might want to have your GP/gyno field the question..

Sorry I can't be of more help!

entropie

------------------
Scarleteen Advocate, not to be confused with Advocaat

I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use than eating soup with a knife.

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I experience it too and it doesn't really bother me.

I used to think it was because during sex, air kind of gets pushed in. I'm sorry if this is wrong but that is just what I used to think.

And since it never really bothered me, I never actually made the effort to find out.

Maybe you would like to check it out with your doctor or gynecologist. That would be the best way to go.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are such things as vaginal farts. When you're having sex somteimes air gets trapped in the back of the vagina and when it is expelled it can make sounds that resemble farts, does that sound like what you're experiencing? If it's just a feeling then I don't really know what it is and you could check with your doctor about it.
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FYI it's called queefing But I prefer the ter "vart"..

entropie

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.