Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » does foreskin feel better?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does foreskin feel better?
memyselfI
Neophyte
Member # 3149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for memyselfI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am circumcized and would like to know if masterbation feels better with foreskin. also if there is a certain "homemade" device or liquid to help masterbation

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi me, and welcome to the boards.

Even though I'm a girl and hence don't know what it's like to have a penis at all, I'll give my humble opinion here:
I think no one here can tell you whether it's *better* to be circumsized or uncircumsized or what feels better for that matter.
Why? First of all, because we all prefer different things; and secondly as most of the time, circumcision is performed on infants, so most men can't compare penis feeling circumsized/uncircumsized from their own experience anyway. I'd guess that most guys here will say they are quite happy with the way their penis is, no matter whether they still have their foreskin or not. And does it matter? As long as you enjoy the way it feels when you masturbate whith your penis, I don't think, it does, does it?

And as to lubrication - we always recommend using stuff that was *made* to be used on your genitals. We're partial towards Astroglide and other silicone based lubes, such as pjur eros bodyglide (which is my personal fave, but not as widely available). You can, however, also use things like babyoil for male masturbation, but only when no partner or condom is involved (because oil based things destroy condoms).

Hope that could help, even though I'm a girl.

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 03-26-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
turtletoes
Neophyte
Member # 3213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for turtletoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a girl bit I gon't think anyone can answer this question. Either U R circumsized or not. I don't think anyone got to experience sexual intimacy with both a circumsized and an uncircumsized penis.
Posts: 5 | From: Palo Alto, CA, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Stalker
Activist
Member # 2516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Stalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hhmm... As an uncircumsized male, I can say that perhaps it would be better to have foreskin. I say this because then your hand wouldn't ride up and irritate the sensitive skin below the glans and the glans itself. Vasoline makes half decent lube... And whatever you do, NEVER EVER use shampoo, or any facial cleansing products. In fact, avoid just about anything unless you find it at a sexshop saying "lube" on it or you know otherwise.
Posts: 65 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh me, why did you have to ask? Now I'm going to find out what I have been "missing," so to speak.

--Danny

------------------
Remember...absence makes the heart grow fungus.

ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Stalker:
NEVER EVER use shampoo, or any facial cleansing products. In fact, avoid just about anything unless you find it at a sexshop saying "lube" on it or you know otherwise.

Is there an experience here that we don't know about, Shadow... What happens when you use that stuff?

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there are some males that go through circumcision in their teens. So, yeah, you COULD experience both.

------------------

shedding skin sucumb defeat
this machine is obsolete

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Stalker
Activist
Member # 2516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Stalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually yes, there are a couple experiences here. During one long night at boarding school I got bored and since all my roommates were asleep I decided to jack off. I normally use vaseline as lube, but didn't have any. I saw the outline of my shampoo next to my bed and thought, "What the hell? It can't be that bad!" So, I applied and went on to do my business. The next morning, when I went to pee I nearly shrieked like a ninny! My foreskin was REALLY swollen, about 3 times its normal thickness! All around my glans too! It was incredibly sensitive for a couple days.

Not learning my lesson, I got bored another night and since I had no vaseline decided to try moisterizer.... Figuring that if it were moisterizer it would have to be good for the skin down there. Not quite so swollen as the shampoo, but still quite irritated. Jesus, I think the skin down there is so senstive that the acidity of water is enough to irritate it!!

[This message has been edited by Shadow Stalker (edited 04-05-2001).]

Posts: 65 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In case you are wondering what you've been missing, the Inspiral condoms are supposed to be baggier at the tip to sorta simulate a foreskin. I wrote my thoughts about them in the Condoms, Lubes and more board, so check it out

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.