Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » thank you...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: thank you...
lgray
Activist
Member # 2930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lgray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much for your help, I really respect this site and the information it provides, but another thing just crossed my mind and you seem to have the best 'diagnosis' so far, better than any in person doctor I've been to - so, on Sunday after not having sex for at least 2 weeks my bf and I tried to go natural w/out any lube - and the sex was OK, but afterwards I was really sore, and went I urinated after intercourse the burning and stinging was so intense - but not any other time, and I wouldn't think a UTI is to blame for all this... so what's your take on that?
Posts: 62 | From: Raleigh, NC, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you say "natural without any lube" were you also not using a condom? Again, the condom issue makes a difference, possibly a huge one.

If you *WERE* using a condom, I'd say that's a pretty dead giveaway that you're dealing with a latex allergy.

If you weren't, see what the Diflucan does for you, because if it isn't a substance allergy, my guess is that you have some low-lying infection or irritation that the friction of sexual activity is irritating. The Diflucan may get rid of it.

In the meantime, you may want to have your BF get tested for all STDs as well as to get him tested for fungal or bacterial infections of the skin in and around his genitals. It is not impossible for men to harbor infections in the skin down there, not have symptoms, and transmit them to the women they have sex with. No fun!

The reason to get him checked out is that only one of you is on Diflucan. even if the Diflucan clears out an infection on your end, he may still be infected with whatever it is and would be able to pass it right back to you as soon as you were done with the Diflucan.

And we're glad we can help. Just remember that we're not actually doctors, so we can't give you definitive medical information, just suggestions.

(p.s. You can respond to existing threads here. It's only in Ask A Sexpert that you can't reply to threads.)

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lgray
Activist
Member # 2930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lgray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, thanks again - sorry forgot to mention no condom. We've both been tested for STD's less than 6 months ago. But I'll defiantley make sure that he gets tested for bacterial problems - thanks so much for your help, I was really uspset today when the doctor told me it must be a "psychological" problem. But with this information I feel a whole lot better - thank you so much.
Posts: 62 | From: Raleigh, NC, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.