Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Repeated Bleeding?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Repeated Bleeding?
Red
Neophyte
Member # 3056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I recently had sex for the first time(the first time for the both of us). Afterward she experienced some bleeding. We go to school in two different states, so I have not seen her since that time. We are going on a camping trip together over spring break though. See is concerned that if we have sex again, she will start bleeding again, and since we it will be some pretty rugged condition that could be a hygiene/health concern.

What I'm asking is this a legitimate concern on her part? Could this bleeding reoccur?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the vagina is like a lot of other body surfaces -- it bleeds when it gets scratched.

i can't guarantee you that she won't bleed again. but you can do your part to minimize on abrasions and tearing by using a LOT of lubricant on your condom (i am assuming you are using a condom -- if you are not, by golly, you should!).

Now, by lubricant, I don't mean simply a lubricated condom. No! I mean you go to the drug store, buy yourself a tube of Astroglide or KY Liquid or something of that sort (condom safe! no oil, Vaseline, Crisco...).

Also, make sure she is aroused and good and ready before you do it. Take it slowly and make sure she's 110% comfortable.

Good luck. But don't freak out if she bleeds a little (but be concerned if it's like something out of 'The Shining'). Even I bleed from time to time, and though i'm no sexual olympian, I've had my fair share now.

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ta Dah! From Miz Scarlet's fab article on first time intercourse.

quote:
You may also bleed during first intercourse, and even during the next few times you try it. If you're well lubricated, and your partner goes slow, that should be minimal, but during the first time, it's usual enough that you'll probably want to wear a menstrual pad (NOT a tampon) for the first 24 hours or so afterwards. Bleeding doesn't mean anything has been damaged, but simply that some tissue has been stretched or torn, and, like your lips and mouth, it is tissue that is engorged with blood, so it is opened or stretched, you will bleed.

Moral of the story. Make sure you have lubrication on hand and make sure she is aroused and ready. It will make sex more pleasurable. And if you are engaging in manual sex like fingering, you might want to cut your nails and wear latex gloves. To prevent those germs under your nails from entering her vaginal area.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just thought I'd add that if your girlfriend is still uncomfortable about it, then it's also possible to forgo the penis-in-vagina thing until you see her in a sitation that doesn't make her nervous. You can still have sex with her in lots of different ways, and if you're both comfortable with it, I'd be willing to bet it will be a lot more rewarding for both of you.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.