Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » condom calamities

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condom calamities
clafouti
Neophyte
Member # 2562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clafouti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and i have had some problems with condoms. We put it on the right way, roll it down the right way with the roll side out, but about half way it stops rolling. To roll it all the way down to the hair he has to reach into the condom because suddenly the roll is on the inside, I have no idea why, and roll it the other way. ??? Maybe it's the brand, Trojan Very Sensitive. My ex didn't seem to have problems with Trojan-Enz, they rolled just fine.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of this problem before, so I suspect it may very well be the condom. Why not skip the Trojan (do a search if you want to know what exactly we thing of this type), and check out the suggestions in Here.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have experienced the same problem with a partner, too. It might be worth to check out some other brands of condoms, my partner had that prob because the condom we used was very uncomfortable for him (while condoms generally stretch a lot and can rarely be too tight, the brand we used was too uncomfy for him to roll down). We started using some that were slightly larger (just a few mm really) and had no probs from then on.

Why don't you two head to a condom boutique and purchase some new ones to try out? The link that Milke provided will tell you which brands some Scarleteeners like to use.

Wishing you lots of fun finding condoms that work alright.

Alaska

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup yup ... My bf and i had the same problem!! I believe it was Trojan too ... Weird Just try a new brand!
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd recommend changing brands to Durex. and please use extra lube (get thee some ASTROGLIDE!). it will make rolling the condom down a LOT easier. it will also make condom breakage less likely. And it feels quite good

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we used to have the same problem. the rubber sort of sticks to itself when you're trying to unroll it. it was NOT brand-specific - trojans, durex, lifestyles all did it. so did kimono, once.

the problem was not solved until we got condoms with bigger rings at the base. check out my review of maxx condoms in the safer sex section! they are great, and they never stick.

em

------------------
Once in awhile you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

-The Grateful Dead

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.