Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » a little help here...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a little help here...
lgray
Activist
Member # 2930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lgray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. First off I have never orgasmed (sp?) 2nd off background info: 19, comfortable w/ sexuality, w/ partner (he's the best) and despite no big Oh still enjoy sex. So, why the heck can't I come? I've come very close through manual stimulation, not oral, just very very fast manual at just the right spot, get somewhat close (building sensation) when I'm on top, but during both I seem to somewhat fight it. When I get really close through manual stimulation I seriously back away from my BF and say "No more! No more!" I don't know why, I mean I would like to come but it's like I can see the finish line just can't cross it?
Posts: 62 | From: Raleigh, NC, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, first off a very great and thorough article about orgasms and the way your body responds to stimulation can be found here: http://www.scarleteen.com/sexuality/response.html

You said that you come close during manual stimulation, which is pretty usual considering that most women can only orgasm from direct clitoral stimulation. Have you ever orgasmed while masturbating? I'd say that you really should go and have some self-sex time, because once you see what you like and what makes you orgasm, you can help your boyfriend out on what to do. Since you're 19, and live in the US, you can go buy a vibrator if you want, which could definetly help you orgasm.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel the need to qualify Pixie's statement: when it comes to GENITAL stimulation, mort women are likely to be aroused and reach orgasm via clitoral stimulation than solely by vaginal stimulus.

I know it sounds nitpicky, it's just a fine point, but an improtant one, since people who can't even FEEL their genitals at all are also able to orgasm.

And good advice Pix: start by taking sex into your own two hands. Some of what may be ahppening is that you're smimply having some anxiety from not knowing what to expect.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't offer much advice that Pixie and Miz S already haven't but I am exactly the same.

I hardly orgasm when I have sex with my guy and sometimes when we have sex, I feel something start to build up but I ask him to stop.

Can't really explain it and he's confused but it doesn't matter to me.

I have my own fun and I am very sexually satisfied in our relationship. So whether I orgasm or not doesn't really matter.

So as Pix said, experiment yourself and see what turns you on or helps you orgasm. After that, you could let your guy know and you both could have lots of fun together. Experimentation in the key.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything I add now would be redundant. However, one thing, try not to focus on the orgasm. If it happens, great. If it doesn't, great. If it was an overall pleasurable experience, there's really nothing to fret about, imho. Worrying about orgasming isn't going to help it along. Relax and follow the others' advice.

I'll move this to Sex Basics.

------------------
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.