Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » oral sex (i want all the guys to answer this question) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: oral sex (i want all the guys to answer this question)
babyblue2g1
Neophyte
Member # 2683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babyblue2g1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok.i wanna know if any of u guys give a female oral sex. when u do that type of stuff how do you feel?do u like it?do u think females should shave down there?give me all the details.let me know every thing u know
Posts: 4 | From: bk,ny,usa | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone answering this question, remember that is has to be appropriate for a 13-17 year old audience. Anything else could get Miz Scarlet in trouble, and would have to be deleted. You can't talk about technique here, as it says in the terms of service that every poster has agreed to.

And in response to the question, I think you'll find that everyone is different- if you're looking to find out about "what guys think about oral sex" you're not going to find one answer that covers everyone.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know hon. I'm no guy but I could answer this for them.

Do you guys give a female oral sex?

I bet some do and some don't. It's a personal preference.

How do you feel?

The way one would feel giving oral sex. What do you expect hon? Endless ecastacy? Lightning bolts?

Do you think females should shave down there?

Okay, that's for the real guys. But hon, its your body and you have very right to do what you want to do with it. Shaving included. Little point shaving just coz your guy wants you to.

All the guys here are unique individuals and what they like may not be what your guy likes. So if you really want to find out, ask the guy. Communication hon.

------------------
Colouring in your whole face with an eyebrow pencil can give you a sun-kissed winter feeling - Kaz Cooke

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I've Learned About Cunnilingus From The Bloodhound Gang and John Lennon:

Do you guys give a female oral sex?
Yes, or at least they've apparently done so at some point.

How do you feel?
The Bloodhound Gang felt so disgusted that they felt the need to make an entire music video about how they don't like giving women oral sex. John liked it so much that he sang about it occasionally and drew pictures that got banned

Do you think females should shave down there?
From their previously shown attitudes, I'm imagining the BG would probably require it, and then complain anyway. John liked hair -- and became famous partially because he had long (for the time) hair.

Goes to show that it really varies from guy to guy -- and that I spend too much time on Napster. However, it seemed an interesting way to answer, and I think it proves what we've been saying.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdxnc
Neophyte
Member # 2697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdxnc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think its a great way for a guy to show his girl that he loves her. I enjoy performing it on my GF very much and she loves it. On shaving- i don't think its neccesary but if your pubic hair is fairly long it might be wise to trim it to less than an inch, its much nicer for the guy.

JD

Posts: 12 | From: Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Milke, that is just too good!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::dies laughing from Milke's post::

okay, that wins an award. definitely.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was classic Milke

Babyblue hon, thats the only answer you will really need.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gurlygirl_07
Neophyte
Member # 2730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gurlygirl_07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet u do......
quote:
Originally posted by jdxnc:
i think its a great way for a guy to show his girl that he loves her. I enjoy performing it on my GF very much and she loves it. On shaving- i don't think its neccesary but if your pubic hair is fairly long it might be wise to trim it to less than an inch, its much nicer for the guy.

JD

Posts: 2 | From: Dinuba, CA United States | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Kiss me where it smells funny"?
A funny, if twisted song.

I love to do it - I actually prefer to give than receive. I love everything about it.

That said, I do prefer things to be somewhat trimmed.

Its a personal preference thing.

------------------
Sometimes I ask myself: "Self, what's life all about?"
But I never reply. I'm rude like that.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evil
Neophyte
Member # 2781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i'm sure some guy likes doing oral sex, but most do it because their gf's like it, and if it makes them happy, it should make the boy happy as well.
shaving? well not that needed unless its very longgggggggggg

Posts: 8 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You got it, ThisGuy. I appreciate that not all guys like cunnilingus, but, whoa, a whole music video on it? And this from a group who expressed a strong interest in analingus; how puzzling!
(BTW, I'm not proud of knowing so much about these guys, but I was curious what was on my harddrive after a certain someone went a little nutty with iMesh)

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by babyblue2g1:
ok.i wanna know if any of u guys give a female oral sex. when u do that type of stuff how do you feel?do u like it?do u think females should shave down there?give me all the details.let me know every thing u know

Sweetz, you know what? Every person in here is different. Yep, and we like different things. Dont you think you should ask your partner what he likes? Ask your partner how HE feels.

My boyfriend and somebody elses boyfriend might not like the same thing, and they might not feel the same way. You have to get to know your partner, get to know what they like. Believe me it helps a lot when you know what your partner likes, I promise.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4.exe
Activist
Member # 123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.exe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
of course, all men are different, but they asked for personal preferences, so Iīm replying here
>i wanna know if any of u guys give a female >oral sex
Well, i do.

>When u do that type of stuff how do you feel?
When i do that "type of stuff" i feel well... i donīt know whatīs exactly the point of this Q... i just relax, be happy and enjoy it.

>do u like it?
Yup, a lot

>do u think females should shave down there?
I think itīs their hair, not mine
Personally, I see the pubic hair as important stetically as any other beatiful part... that means, in my tastes, i donīt like a shaved vagina. Instead, i think it may be good to shave a bit near the labia just to make the "stuff" easier, if the hair is to tick and/or long.

>give me all the details.let me know every >thing u know
Let me see other stuff that i can say... i know lots of women love it, but others donīt... my ex-gf didnīt like it, she just thought it was dirty and didnīt find it too much fun... it was a pity cuz i loved it.
I recently discovered that your desire to perform oral sex is relationed indirectly with your self-esteem. I mean: Generally people with low self-esteem love to go down on women, to show how much they love there, etc... men with high self-esteem can say "are u crazy? i will not put my head into that place were itīs smells funny!"
of course this is generalizing, but talking generaaaally, is common. Fat people generally love doing oral sex, and h8 receiving it... i said, generally...
well i think thatīs all, hope it helps
-4.exe
"Love is like a tattoo, depends on who creates it, it can last forever, be something beatiful, be blurry, dissapear, be something you are embarrased or proud of it"
(just something i invented right now!)

Posts: 53 | From: Montevideo, Uruguay | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh 4exe, I know you kept qualifying your statements as generalizations, but you might want to reconsider them. Generalizations only work in studies done with a large sample (we are talking about thousands of people here), with a diverse group of people (age, gender, sexuakl orientation, cultural background, sooico economic background, etc...).

You stated that you perform oral sex and that you are quite happy to do so, but based on your generalizations, does that mean you have low self esteem?

I feel very good about myself and consider myself to have high self esteem. I enjoy performing oral sex and receiving it. I know people who are fat who like it and don't, who perform or don't. Often this all depends on their mood, the situation they are in, their partner's mood, etc... There is a great deal of variety of experience out there.

All to say, unless you have done a comprehesinive study on the matter, I'd avoid generalizing.

------------------
Louise Lalonde
-Scarleteen Sexpert & Volunteer du Jour

"Glad to have a friend like you,
And glad to just be me"
-Carol Hall

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually -- and I feel like I can say this with a fair degree of authority since I *have* done extensive research and written a book on the subject of sex and fat people --

Fat people's habits with regard to oral sex are no different from anyone else's.

The idea that fat people love giving oral sex is a myth. Most often, if you ask people why they think this, they say "because fat people obviously love to eat and are orally fixated." Or they might say "because fat people feel like they have to prove themselves by giving their partners sexual attention even though they're not comfortable enough with their bodies to get sexual attention."

And both are wrong.

Not all fat people eat more than thin people. Many fat people eat around the same amount as thinner people do, and some eat less than thinner people do.

Oral fixations do not necessarily lead to eating. Cigarette smoking, fingernail-biting, thumb-sucking, pencil-chewing, and similar behaviors, following certain patterns, are much more reliable indicators of an oral fixation than anyone's weight or size. Besides, fat people are no more or less likely than anyone else to have an oral fixation (genuine, clinical-grade oral fixations are not all that common).

Fat people do not necessarily feel like they have to prove themselves, or like they have to give their partners more sex to make up for the fact that they're fat. My research indicates that while a lot of fat people may go through a part of their life where their self-esteem and feelings of self-worth are quite bad -- mostly due to the way that our culture treats fat people -- this doesn't always translate into their sex lives. And the older people get, the more secure they become with themselves generally, and the less likely any insecurities are likely to play out in the bedroom.

Likewise, fat people do not necessarily feel unworthy of sexual attention. SOME do, some don't. And it's not an all-or-nothing thing -- sometimes you feel crummy and sometimes you feel great about being paid attention to. Comfort and feelings of sexual self-confidence also have a lot to do with the situation a person is in, and the dynamics someone shares with their partner... just like it does for anyone.

The long and the short of it is this:

Some people love oral sex.

Some people can take it or leave it.

Some people love receiving it and hate giving it.

Some people love giving it and hate receiving it.

Some people would rather read a book.

MOST people find that they have ALL of these feelings about oral sex at different times in their lives, depending on the situation, the partner, their mood, and other factors.

And it doesn't matter what size they are.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Some people would rather read a book.

Whoa! Check out the books on that chick!

------------------
Sometimes I ask myself: "Self, what's life all about?"
But I never reply. I'm rude like that.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4.exe
Activist
Member # 123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.exe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ooops... I was wrong. Sorry. I think i readed about that in a medical page on the internet or in a book, i donīt remember clearly... all those that replied, thanks, they are right... sorry for sending wrong info.

-4.exe

Posts: 53 | From: Montevideo, Uruguay | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Whoa, I have found the total antithesis to the BHG's song, and that is You Suck, by Consolidated. Nothing like the Murmur's You Suck, and pretty darn dirty -- and kinda vicious, but, still -- whoa.

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 02-22-2001).]

LadiesMan
Neophyte
Member # 2881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadiesMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two words: Shave, douche. It smells and it is hairy down there.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadiesMan
Neophyte
Member # 2881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadiesMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-------edited-------

[LadiesMan, when posting, you are expected to be respectful of your fellow posters and our staff, and to use language which is the least likely to offend anyone, and which encourages intelligent, safe and mature discussion of the issues at hand.]

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 02-25-2001).]

Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, the vagina has a normal smell. Douching is harmful as it disrupts your natural balances. Unless there is a strong odour than there is nothing wrong. If there is a strong fishy odour than a quick trip to the gynocologist can get it all checked out.
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Two words, combined as a contraction. Don't. I smell just fine. I know that because I try to be aware of how my body is. I don't need to shave. God/other really powerful deities/nature/whatever decided that I should get a furry vulva once I reached puberty. Who am I to question a force great enough to create me? Of course, I could shave if I wanted to, but I know I don't NEED to. And Dude, I'm currently using a keyboard, and intermittently, a mouse. Do you really think I've got enough hands to be doing much else? You've been questionable enough already. It's time to shape up or ship out, sweetie.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please do not advise women (or men) here on the boards to do things which are highly detrimental to their health, like douching.

That stands utterly counter to our mission, and it's highly irresponsible to do.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Multitaking panties . . . I think that was supposed to be cute, but it failed. LadiesMan, as you so obviously know better than us, why don't you go start your own site? We don't need your flame wars here, and I know that's what yer aiming at.
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, recently there was a news article on the BBC news website about a possible new technology where they really could make multitasking panties --
panties whose fabric was woven with microscopic chemical sensors in the threads that were treated with chemicals that would help sense when a woman was about to ovulate or menstruate, or whether she was pregnant. I was reading the article and wondering whether or not they'd actually work and how you'd go about getting them -- would you have to get a prescription, or could you just get them at the store, or what. It was a very interesting idea.

Unfortunately I can't find the article again right now, but... multitasking women's health sensor-equipped underpants -- what would you want YOURS to be able to tell you about your body?

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a report on those multi-tasking panties on TV and the thought is intruiging...Some time in the future - right now I don't need any, I think - I'd probably want mine to tell me when I'm about to ovulate. Would make the little persona computer used for predicting fertility useless.
Oh, and what would be useful would be panties that tell you whether that stuff that's bothering you is *definitely* a yeast infection or not.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DreDre
Neophyte
Member # 2988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DreDre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some guys do it some guys don't.
Some guy like to do it and therefor do
but other hate it and do it anyways lol.
So it's really about the couple and their limits.
I don't mind going down on my girl, it's enjoyable actually, because since you know you're pleasing her it makes you feel good in return. As for the shaving, it doesn't bother me but it is better if it's trimmed and it's not a jungle down there you know?

Posts: 11 | From: CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, that kind of stuff (potentially invasive yet obviously useful, not individually understandable new technology) freaks me out. I don't wear panties, but if I did, they'd be organic cotton, and they wouldn't tell me anything. What I want to know about my body, I can find for myself.

Bear in mind, this is from someone who wants to build a house out of dirt, be off the power grid, and never own a car.

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naibaf
Neophyte
Member # 2986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naibaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love it babyblue!
I don't know why but I jus like it.
If your parther feels funny about,then compromise.No point in forcing.

------------------
by Ourselves become we Pure
no one can save us but ourselves
no one can and no one may
we ourselves must walk the path
Friends merely show the way.

Posts: 10 | From: singapore | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ickthius
Neophyte
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ickthius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please remove this message & profile from your database

[This message has been edited by Ickthius (edited 04-20-2004).]

Posts: 2 | From: Barnegat, NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gracefulmisfit
Neophyte
Member # 8778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gracefulmisfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would really like some more of your info...what's your opinion on discharge? My BF says he can't even stand to think about it, but how would he know? I dunno. It makes me feel sort of taken advantage of. I give him blow jobs regularily, and he refuses to give me anything in return. Hardly even a backrub. Whats ur take?

quote:
Originally posted by Ickthius:
-Do you give your girlfriend oral sex & how do you feel?
You Bet I pleasure my girlfriend orally! In fact, I love to do so. It's my pleasure. I'm the kinda guy who actually wants to do it. It makes me aroused and furthermore it feels nice on my lips - being that they are one of the most sensitive areas of the body.

-When do we do it?
My girlfriend normally does not wear skirts -so everytime she wears one she's knows she's getting oral sex. Just a little not I thought I'd throw in. We have a downstairs chair in a leisure room where we can take the necessary steps to perform this action.

-Should females shave?
If their boyfriend is like me and would be down there all the time if you let him - then I recommend it. Only to ease some of the burden that might be caused with hair disturbing the process. However, it is really no big deal. Hope this helps.

If you'd like more of my thoughts - please post another listing requesting so.

Michael

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My take is that if it's not okay with you, it's not okay. A relationship is about two (or more) people; if one of you is unhappy, then you either fix that or part ways.

And here's my other take: issues of taste, fuziness and discharge shouldn't BE oral sex issues because we should ALL be having oral sex with dental dams or with condoms. No taste, no mess, no muss, no problem.

Simple.

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just read over allll the posts here. and i'm happy that someone finally brought up what was on my mind... thank you DarlingBri! lol. i dont see why anyone should be too worried about if guys are worried about pubic hair because we are hopefully all considering safe oral sex with people who we're dating... at least consider it please!

and just a thought... what if someone wanted to know the majority becuase they didnt have one single partner. so many people keep saying communicate with your partner. some of my friends go and get cunnilings from the neighbor that they met that day... so try not to make any assumptions. =)

babyblue2g1 do what is comportable for you please. Meaning the shaving part. If you are more comfotable with having everything trimmed than trim it, but if you like how it looks untrimmed... than leave it!

okie... i guess thats what i have to say for now. hope i helped a lil. =)

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
so many people keep saying communicate with your partner. some of my friends go and get cunnilings from the neighbor that they met that day... so try not to make any assumptions.

Hey, communication is important in any sexual encounter, whether it's part of a long-term relationship, a short-term relationship, or a one-off, monogamous, non-monogamous or whatever.

And knowing what the "majority" thinks isn't really any help in predicting what a particular individual is going to think.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.