Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Crying after Orgasm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crying after Orgasm?
Celestial00X
Neophyte
Member # 2437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celestial00X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that having an orgasm, either by yourself or with the "aid" of someone else is a huge emotional and physical build up and release, and i also know that women (especially) can feel sad or upset or even cry afterwards. I almost always get this feeling after I orgasm, especially when it's with my boyfriend. I'm still a virgin (I'm 17) but I do have many orgasms. I was just wondering why the upset/sad feeling happens, exactly, and if anyone else experiences this.

------------------
~*Never is a promise and I'll never need a lie*~
~*Scars are souvenirs you never lose*~ :oI

Posts: 11 | From: white plains, ny | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
could be something to do with the chemicals you release when you have sex..... but it is pretty common. I'm a virgin so I couldn't tell you from experience, but my friend has told me that whenever she has sex she cries for a long time after (not because anything is wrong--it's just a reaction)

------------------
"Live a balanced life - Learn some and think some, and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some."
~~ Robert Fulghum, author ~~

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the rushing of happy hormones, followed by the rushing AWAY of happy hormones, is emotionally something or other.

I know, that didn't do **** .

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually thats a good question, hmmmm?

Well I think its because sex (any kind) is emotional to start with. Plus you have your days where your in a good mood and when your in a sad mood, or whatever kind of mood. And maybe when you are done having sex (any kind), it brings your emotions out more.

That just what I think.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Its the best feeling in the world to know that somebody loves you more then anything in the world! *~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
celestial,
I know exactly what you mean. You feel sort of empty, right? I think it's related to all those hormone rushes, maybe. I always make my boyfriend give me a big bear-hug after I have an orgasm and that makes me feel better, I think it has something to do with a biological need to feel closeness after sex/orgasm.

Em

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never really had that problem, but when my boyfriend makes me have an orgasm, it's usually during when we are really close. The first time he fingered me I can remember I got my pants halfway back on and he looked at me and I had tears in my eyes and so he gave me a hug and we just sat there hugging for like half an hour but the reason I was crying was because I was scared. But that's another story...

Smiles

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katie_Tomato
Neophyte
Member # 2567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katie_Tomato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, I've never really had that problem. Well, I did once. But that was because... well, I'm not going to go into that. But, I think it helps if you cuddle afterwards, you know? If you're with a partner, anyway. It helps to have someone close to you.

------------------

~*KaTiE_ToMaTo*~

Posts: 1 | From: Port Charlotte, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.