Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » queef?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: queef?
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm bored as hell and the thought came across my mind, is there really such a thing as a queef, however ya spell it? haha It's probably so 5th grade... I was just wondering.

------------------
**i stop and i stare too much, afraid that i care too much**

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
isn't that kiddie slang for farting?

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
isn't a queef slang for a vaginal fart? anyhow, is there a real name for when air is pushed into the vagina and then released?
Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Queefs" - an expellation of wind from the vagina - do happen. Not sure about the correct name for it, though.

I should point out that deliberately blowing air up there is a bad idea.

------------------
Ask not why dogs sniff each others butts...
Ask instead why you do not!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
live4travel
Activist
Member # 1772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for live4travel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, now you've reminded me of something I've been wondering for quite a while. I remember hearing that your not supposed to blow when giving a blow job, Why not? also, what's wrong with blowing in/up a vagina, I'm way to inexperienced to know anything about this, so that's why I'm asking you. Thanks

Josh

------------------
Want to know more about me? come see my little space in the Village People!
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum23/HTML/000036.html

Posts: 116 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blowing isn't a great idea if the penis is tightly enveloped, if you blow, you'll only end up looking like a puffer fish. But I guess if you lightly blow on the penis, it would be a pleasurable tingly sensation. Never tried doing that though. [writing note to self]

Blowing in the vagina... if you're simply blowing air up the vaginal opening, I doubt that would accomplish anything. If it's alot of pressure however, you might make her want to pee but that would require much blowing. Lightli blowing on the vulva might create a nice sensation. [another note to self]

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heey! I'm not sure about all this blowing stuff I meant to ask if you really CAN pass gass threw there? Hehe, slight confusion

------------------
**i stop and i stare too much, afraid that i care too much**

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, the site is inordinately helpful.

take a look at the sexual anatomy article: http://www.scarleteen.com/pink/pages/anatomy.html

OR

this graphic from the menstruation article:

Your bowels and rectum (through which gas passes) are not connected to your vagina, hon.

And secondly, there is no inherent danger on lightly blowing into or onto anyones genitalia. It feels rather nice. The only real danger lies in very directly blowing air into the vagina of a woman who is pregnant, because it may cause an embolism.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a minute... what the hell is Bartholin's gland? What does it do?

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And what exactly was Mr Bartholin doing to find it?????
Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Bartholins Gland is homologous to the Cowpers Glands in men. Both work to secrete lubricating mucus.

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to a lot of oldersources, bnlowing into the vagina of even a non-pregnant woman can cause a fatal embolism, but I've never heard of any verified cases of it happening. Wonder if this was one of those things that got debunked, or just forgotten?
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Either way, the idea that blowing into vaginas is bad has become stuck in my head, and now I'm so paranoid about that when I'm spending time with my girlfriend's vagina.
Scary.

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlutterBy01
Neophyte
Member # 5668

Icon 2 posted      Profile for FlutterBy01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back to the original subject of "queefs", it's obviosly not a myth. In fact, (looks around for people she knows) it happens to me sometimes... When I am exersizing, I stretch out and do some funky poses sometimes, and that one where you rest on your shoulders and extend your toes straight into the air? It sometimes causes air to gush into my vagina, and when I go back down it can make a wierd farting sound. Actually, I have thins pretty well figured out with my body, but I can't say how it works for other women. If they have experienced it.
That is why I exersize alone.

------------------
"He who has a thousand friends
Has not a friend to spare,
While he who has one enemy
Shall meet him everywhere." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Posts: 21 | From: Boca Raton, Florida, U.S.A. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss amy
Neophyte
Member # 5665

Icon 3 posted      Profile for miss amy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i always heard that if u blow into a woman's vagina or into a man's penis (i'm pretty naive!) you could give them the Bends. i heard about this one girl who gave another boy oral sex and blew and he got the Bends and had to go into a pressure chamber or he would have died. is this likely to be true?
Posts: 5 | From: Wales | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Kitten
Activist
Member # 5316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nocturnal Kitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This may sound stupid but, what the heck is The Bends? It sounds liek something your back does when you bend over then can't straighten back out.

------------------
It took so long to remember just what happened.
I was so young and vestal then.

Posts: 50 | From: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 6 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha. what an old post. actually flutter, the same thing happens to me! it's reaaaaally weird. i excersize alone too ^_^;;

------------------
i'd sell my soul,
my self esteem a dollar at a time
for one chance, one kiss, one taste of you my black madonna

Magdalena - A Perfect Circle

miss amy
Neophyte
Member # 5665

Icon 3 posted      Profile for miss amy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the bends is when u get either bubbles of oxygen or nitrogen in your blood.prob nitrogen cos oxygen is what we breathe anyway. it can go to the brain and increases the pressure in your whole body and you can eventually die (at least thats what my biology teacher told me!)
Posts: 5 | From: Wales | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GulDan
Neophyte
Member # 5656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GulDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bends is when nitrogen comes out of solution in your blood and starts bubbling. Very painful (and possibly deadly) as the bubbles have a tendancy to form in between cells. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE BENDS FROM SOMETHING LIKE THIS. This pressure difference isn't enough nor does it cover the entire body (especially the lungs and mouth where it matters). Theoretically you could cause an embolism which is where air is forced into the tissue and that can be dangerous, but I don't know if the pressure is high enough to accoplish that. Embolisms too are not nice (and are sometimes fatal). I personally doubt that they could be caused by this, but I don't know for certain.

Gul'Dan
Certified SCUBA Rescue Diver

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, when they were building the Brooklyn Bridge...a lot of the workers that went down inside the caissons (the big foundation thingys on the bottom of the river holding the whole damn thing up) got the Bends. Otherwise known as Caisson disease!!
me so smart

------------------
So you call this your free country?
Tell me why it costs so much to live.--3 Doors Down

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. --Chris Slater

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bombastic
Neophyte
Member # 5651

Icon 5 posted      Profile for bombastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've always wondered how "female ejaculation" happens, and what exactly is it?
Posts: 3 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From our fabulous article:

Sexual Response and Orgasm

Do women ejaculate?

Yes and no. During arousal and orgasm, the vagina produces more vaginal fluid and lubrication. This is the most common kind of sexual fluid that women’s vaginas produce. This is not considered an actual ejaculation.

However, some women enjoy stimulation to the g-spot (a spongy spot inside the vagina a couple inches, towards the belly, not the back), and some women find that this can sometimes result in an orgasm which expels a thin, watery, whitish fluid from the urethra, the same place from which males ejaculate. That IS considered to be an ejaculation. Not all women have ejaculatory orgasms, even with g-spot stimulation. Not all women who are capable of having this kind of orgasm have it all the time. The amount of fluid that is ejaculated can vary greatly from person to person, as well, when these kinds of orgasms happen in women.

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 12 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey A few things spring to mind...

1/ I have no idea what the correct term for "queefing" is, but it can totally happen during exercise (as noted) or during sex; it occurs when air is pumped or vacuumed into the vagina, normally when it's raised in some way. It happens to virtually everyone at some point, it's physics at work, and when you can laugh about it, bingo, you can increase your confidence that you have a healthy, relaxed sex life.

2/ The bends normally occur during deep water dives... as in scuba, not your local pool. Nitrogen build up, basically, which requires a "decompression stop" on the way up. Otherwise, you end up in a hyperbaric chamber, which is not a ton of fun. You can find out more about this at http://www.howstuffworks.com/question101.htm

3/ Female ejaculation occurs in some but not all women. At the point of orgasm, women can release a fluid from the urethra (the same place you pee from.) The ejaculate is very much like prostrate fluid. It is usually clear, or milky and as thin as water. It does not have the look, smell or taste of urine.

PS - Lisa and I keep experiencing simultaneous posting syndrome! Sorry

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

[This message has been edited by DarlingBri (edited 10-30-2001).]

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*laughs uncontrolably* Queef?? That is a rather funny word! I've never heard that, not even in my elementary years! I've never heard of The Bends, either. Hmm... I better catch upon my news... *walks away*

------------------
"Only in America, dreamin' in red white and blue."
-Brooks and Dunn

Life is not fair, a fair is a place you show cows

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I'm saying not to be careful, but I'm sure that giving a woman cunnilingus (I always spell that wrong and have to check the dictionary), during a pregnancy is not something TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS, you just have to be careful not to blow air into the vagina, it's great to be careful, it's not so great to declare a source of sexual pleasure off limits to pregnant women based on overstating what I understand to be a risk that is fairly easily avoided with a bit of careful head and female genitalia positioning (staff please correct me if I'm getting this wrong).

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jill. Nowhere in this thread did anyone say it was dangerous to give a pregnant woman cunnilingus, and certainly no one said it was to be avoided at all costs. What Heather did say earlier was:
quote:
And secondly, there is no inherent danger on lightly blowing into or onto anyones genitalia. It feels rather nice. The only real danger lies in very directly blowing air into the vagina of a woman who is pregnant, because it may cause an embolism.
Of course, if a person does have any fears about what sexual activities are or are not safe during pregnancy, that is something best discussed with their OB/GYN as it may vary depending on the woman's health and how far along the pregnancy is.

Also, Go Ask Alice has an article on exactly this here. (Oddly enough, it was asked around the same time this was. Guess it was a popular topic back then, or perhaps something that happened in a movie that was popular at that time.)

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I was more aiming that at the poster who said they were starting to worry about it every time they gave their girlfriend cunnilingus.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SkystheLimit
Neophyte
Member # 42718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SkystheLimit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A curious question: Does queefing have anything to do with the size of the guy when having sex?
Posts: 5 | From: CA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.